+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Open letter from the reds new chairman

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    True. 'Ambition is critical' to quote the poet David Hughes and the club needs an Alan Clarke type rejuvenation at this moment in time.
    That's where we are at Pass and you are so right .

We need something from the club that says we are back in the game .

PMG have spent the last five years spending Pat Crynes money , my own and other supporters so I feel comfortable given where we are at calling this one and the new chairman having a cheque book and a pen attached to it .

It's not exactly how I wanted it but at the same time it is what it is .

Warnock ain't retired and I don't care what anybody says , people like Warnock never retire , the game retires em and he's still got a season or two left in him for me .

This song from 1991 seems to capture where we are at currently as a town and club .

I've had a few though today .

https://youtu.be/4Fc67yQsPqQ

Yep , a good managerial appointment would probably be enough for me to renew, a sign of serious intent within our boundaries and a clear statement and vision for the season ahead. I don’t mind warts and all , we know we are not in the best of financial position but some ambition and a positive outlook to give us something to get behind again.

If we could get in touch with Colin and put things on the table, and let him know the score etc. Tell him what we maybe can and can't afford to do, and then see if we could tempt him to one more season back in management.
    I was never sure if he does have a certain liking and respect for us as a club, but apparently he would have been delighted at the chance of taking the job and keeping us up this season.
    That alone would go a long way towards showing fans that we do mean business again. And for me its just simple sensible ambition that surely won't cost a fortune (hopefully!). 😕

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    If we could get in touch with Colin and put things on the table, and let him know the score etc. Tell him what we maybe can and can't afford to do, and then see if we could tempt him to one more season back in management.
    I was never sure if he does have a certain liking and respect for us as a club, but apparently he would have been delighted at the chance of taking the job and keeping us up this season.
    That alone would go a long way towards showing fans that we do mean business again. And for me its just simple sensible ambition that surely won't cost a fortune (hopefully!). 😕
    All is ask is that I rock up next season for the first home game Acido and we are one of the players in league one .

The same as I felt when Stendel arrived , something is happening and if you follow this club long enough you can instinctively feel it .

Sometimes it's hard to put that in to words on this forum but your gut instinct tells you we are going to be right in the mix .

I want that feeling to return , I can't back no hopers from Austria anymore , that ship has sailed for me .

I need the real deal to part with my £350 .

I posted a few weeks ago that the supporters would not accept a bland general apology from the board of directors - saying something on the lines of ‘we got it wrong but will sort it out next season’.

Well we haven’t got that.
    Far from it.
    The directors that deeply care about the club have done wonders in removing the problem.
    It’s beyond what most of us could have dreamt of.
    So as far as I’m concerned I’m back on board with the club.

There’s a caveat to that.
    Many, like myself, have got used to not going to games.
    I have a ST but didn’t go.
    I may not get a ST this time but I will go to games.
    It’s going to take an effort to get supporters like me back buying STs.
    But if the directors show a lead - the supporters will return.

There are some cynical fans Nudger, who have seen it all before of course. And they are suggesting this is only happening because the club need to sell lots more STs in the month of May!.

Well I hope its more than that, I hope the noises that they are making at the moment are genuine ones.
    Even though the two things do go hand in hand of course. Any club owner who says and then does some positive popular things, will inevitably get the fans back onside. 👍

Dissapointing thing is that off the back of the previous seasons success some returned from a long stay of absence only to be reminded why they didn’t bother and they will be very hard to convince now. Can’t say I blame them.

Pass made a fair point there Animal, about our finances still being a big problem here.
    And whether that means we can or can't appoint a really popular name this time, who will get fans interested again, I m not sure.

As we've discussed before Stendel wasn't such an appointment, but he won us fans over very quickly and gave us summat to believe in. I think I beleived in it after just the second game at Bradford, and it makes such a difference to hit the ground running and start the season well like that.
    This new manager/coach appointment was always going to be an important one. But now after whats happened its going to be an absolutely massive one. 😲

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I posted a few weeks ago that the supporters would not accept a bland general apology from the board of directors - saying something on the lines of ‘we got it wrong but will sort it out next season’.

Well we haven’t got that.
    Far from it.
    The directors that deeply care about the club have done wonders in removing the problem.
    It’s beyond what most of us could have dreamt of.
    So as far as I’m concerned I’m back on board with the club.

There’s a caveat to that.
    Many, like myself, have got used to not going to games.
    I have a ST but didn’t go.
    I may not get a ST this time but I will go to games.
    It’s going to take an effort to get supporters like me back buying STs.
    But if the directors show a lead - the supporters will return.
    I'm still digesting the events of Thursday and Parekh's letter and his step up to chairman YN .

The club are in a better place than they were on Thursday morning that I will accept , I suspect the ground issue has now come to a conclusion and the threat to take the club away from the town is no more .

We are no longer tied in with 6 other clubs across Europe and the focus in the boardroom is now Barnsley Football Club and Barnsley Football Club only .

Parekh's letter has a promise of a return to results first and foremost .

So far so good .

However to satisfy myself and for me to purchase an ST next season the club will have to show me that they are going to put the best team out on the park that we can afford .

They are also going to have to recruit a HC with a reasonable record of success in English football , he could be up and coming I'm cool with that or he could be Warnock but none the less his CV will have to have evidence of solid credibility .

I will not be sold short at this time , I will not fall for words .

I want actions , the best team we can afford irrespective of age or potential future transfer valuation , not a team full of old men but balance , young lads and experienced pro's .

Led by a HC who has at least half a chance of success and not thrown under the bus like Hecky , Stendel , Schopp and Poya .

I ain't signing up to this shyte ever again .

I can live with struggle , I can live with poor results just as long as we are doing the best we can with the resources we have .

The clowns may have left the circus but has the circus left Grove Street ? .

Let's see .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast