+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open letter from the reds new chairman

Open letter from the reds new chairman

Dear Reds,

I write this letter to you following the recently announced reconstitution of the Club’s board of directors.

As I referenced in earlier communications, we, as custodians, are aware of just how much this Club means to the people of Barnsley.

Whilst I look forward to meeting many partners and supporters over the coming months, I would like to thank all of you for your outstanding backing this season. I feel privileged to know some of you and whilst travelling across the country over the last four years, I now recognise a lot of faces. Both at home and on the road, your passion and commitment cannot be questioned.

It would be remiss of me not to mention the season past. Barnsley FC has spent more seasons in the second tier of English football than any other and everybody associated with the Club feels the same pain and frustration as our loyal supporters. Last season was a real low point for the Club, results-wise, and we pledge to put results on the pitch as the primary driver for everything we do at the Club.

Alongside my fellow directors, I am prepared to stand up through the bad times and work hard to bring back success to Oakwell. I appreciate the recent disappointment and that you want answers. In time, I will be in a position to provide them. While broken relationships and lost trust take time to rebuild, for now, I want to assure you that the Club will do everything it can at all levels to improve. As a board, we will live by our Latin motto. Spectemur Agendo. Let us be judged by our acts.

I appreciate that the 22/23 early bird season ticket deadline is fast approaching, and sections of our loyal fanbase are questioning their commitment to this great Club. I plan to speak with local media and host a fan forum on May 27th. Because of this timing, the directors would like to extend the early bird deadline up until 31st May, in order to provide as many as possible the opportunity to understand our motives before pledging to the upcoming campaign. For those who have already chosen to renew or decide to do so for this campaign, thank you. For those who decide not to, I understand why you’ve made that choice, and we’ll work hard to earn your trust over the course of next season.

When we come back, as a collective, we will be stronger.

Thank you again for your continued support and I look forward to seeing you soon.

All the best,

Neerav Parekh
    Chairman

Sorry Poggy, our threads crossed.

Just received my begging letter cough cough !! hmmm Email from the club myself .

I notice it's signed Neerav Parekh chairman .

Actions speak louder than words and let's see what the summer brings before the moths fly out of my wallet .

“We pledge to put results on the pitch as the primary driver for everything we do at the Club”

Interesting that particular line we could well now see more experienced older players complimenting the younger ones.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    “We pledge to put results on the pitch as the primary driver for everything we do at the Club”

Interesting that particular line we could well now see more experienced older players complimenting the younger ones.
    A damning comment on the Conway/ Lee regime when football was not the primary driver.

Things are looking very very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A damning comment on the Conway/ Lee regime when football was not the primary driver.
    Not many , how absolutely embarrassing to have to make the point that results are now the primary goal .

It's actually beyond belief .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Correct SB.

At least this geezer has acknowledged a couple of home truths. Parekh may well have a conscience and wi art Conway talking ova him, my gut instinct tells me that this guy may be a good apple amongst the sour rotten ones that previously ran the show. I might be way off the mark here and he could be yet another arseoyle full of shyte. Time will tell I guess. He's made the statement, he should back it up given the opportunity. Unfortunately the mess left by PMG may well prove a huge stumbling block for the new regime.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Not many , how absolutely embarrassing to have to make the point that results are now the primary goal .

It's actually beyond belief .
    It's the kind of statement that might well finally wake up the supporters who are blind to what was going on under PMG.

Parekh is a self confessed football nut. Yes, a businessman too granted. Time will tell. We don't know the kind of input he had as a minority shareholder under PMG. I'd suggest very little, much like James Cryne. My gut instinct tells me that this guy is the opposite to Hoss, Dog and Hung. We shall see.

Well hes saying all the right things so far, and I can't knock him for that. But as we all know, actions speak louder than just words, so lets see in the long run ehh.

But I have taken notice of that comment about results now being the main objective, showing everybody quite clearly, that they weren't anymore under Conway & co. Their detestable way of running this club is over now hopefully, and their apologists will have to find somebody else to crawl all over.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast