+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: O/T:- Forest v Sheff Utd

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    To be honest, I would like to see all three of the Nottinghamshire teams going up this season and I don't see that Forest being in the Premier League would harm you, I certainly wouldn't want to see any County supporters changing their allegiance.

And while I'm quite happy for the man who attacked Sharp to be jailed and banned for life by both our clubs he wasn't the only one to blame. There is now video evidence of McBurnie stamping on a Forest supporter who is lying on the ground and Sheffield United did raise the temperature by targeting Johnson (to such an extent that even fans of other clubs were saying some of their players should be red carded) and their manager physically attacked Djed Spence. The man who attacked Sharp is not supported by the fans who have since taken the initiative by raising £10,500.00 for Sharp to donate to charity. It doesn't excuse the attack but its certainly a good gesture.
    The only issue I have with this is the bits mitigating this thugs actions.

Games like this are always tense and there will always be an excuse if you want to look for one for “incitement”

Type your post without the comments about the actions of the manager or on Johnson (both of which are for the referee to deal with) and it’s a good post. Include those and you are excusing the inexcusable actions of McBurnie and the thug.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Ok, so we have now established that you are being a **** for the sake of it.

In case anybody is in any doubt or you yourself have no self awareness and/or happen to be one of a large percentage of Fword fans who have no idea that football existed before 1977/78......

A club that finishes 2nd in the 1st tier in 1967 and then finishes 16th in the 2nd tier in 1975, having *mostly* finished lower in the table each season than the preceding one... that would be regarded by anybody with a genuine level of basic intelligence to be on a downward trajectory, with the gate figures obviously reflecting that downward trend.

Likewise a club that's finished 20th in the bottom tier in 1967 and then finished, following two promotions, 5th in the 2nd tier in 1976, the 2nd successive season ABOVE Fword***.... would be said to be on an upward trajectory.

No club's trajectory is going to be a straight line without kinks in it over the course of 8-9 years, but you'd be either a dimwit or somebody trying to take an argument in a slightly different direction to save face over an initial false claim to not see the general trend, especially one as pronounced as that seen between the two Nottingham clubs from 1967 to 1976.

****a matter of months before the arrival of Peter Taylor, who was key to Clough's success to be fair. Had Sheff Utd or anybody else had come in for Sirrel around 12 months earlier, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Dunnett might have considered Clough, seeing that BC did end up going to Brighton who were a level below Notts at the time.
    The trajectory I was referring to was your gates. Going from the 4th division to the 2nd and still having fewer people attend than Forest though really underpins my argument and provides further disdain to the Notts' narrative that Nottingham was black and white before Clough.

Nottingham's always been black and white Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    The trajectory I was referring to was your gates. Going from the 4th division to the 2nd and still having fewer people attend than Forest though really underpins my argument and provides further disdain to the Notts' narrative that Nottingham was black and white before Clough.
    Are you deliberately being stupid? The point being made is that Forest fans were deserting in droves before Clough. You started winning and the deserters came back in droves. It really is as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Are you deliberately being stupid? The point being made is that Forest fans were deserting in droves before Clough. You started winning and the deserters came back in droves. It really is as simple as that.
    He's basically argued that 2 + 2 isn't 4 it's 5
    Then we've said "no you clown it's 4"
    Then he's come back with, no 2+3 is 5 and this proves I am not an idiot.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112