+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Forest v Sheff Utd

O/T:- Forest v Sheff Utd

Looks like Forest in control of this one 2-0 up with 5 to go.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 14-05-2022 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Corrected Off Topic prefix

Forest looked very impressive going forward. They'll take some beating in these playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Forest looked very impressive going forward. They'll take some beating in these playoffs.
    2-1 now, agree on the forward play especially how quick they get it forward down the flanks and then into the box. Will be an interesting second leg Tuesday, will also be interesting to see Mansfield later tonight too to see how they set up…

The momentum Forest had going into the play off is key. One reason we need to win tomorrow to keep our bit of momentum.

I wouldn't be surprised if Forest go up this season and it could well benefit Notts with even better players on loan....if we manage to get back in the EFL though.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    The momentum Forest had going into the play off is key. One reason we need to win tomorrow to keep our bit of momentum.

I wouldn't be surprised if Forest go up this season and it could well benefit Notts with even better players on loan....if we manage to get back in the EFL though.
    I did wonder if the result at Bournemouth would derail their promotion bid, but today’s performance showed it hasn’t

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    2-1 now, agree on the forward play especially how quick they get it forward down the flanks and then into the box. Will be an interesting second leg Tuesday, will also be interesting to see Mansfield later tonight too to see how they set up…
    Yeah Johnson is a good player, Sheff Utd though have themselves a life line but they looked all over the shop in defence. If Sheff Utd get the first goal though on Tuesday then yeah it'll be a good second leg, I really enjoy the playoffs. Maybe we'll all go up in the playoffs this year, I would definitely take that if we went up! Gets you excited though for our games and feeling more confident the closer they get. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Yeah Johnson is a good player, Sheff Utd though have themselves a life line but they looked all over the shop in defence. If Sheff Utd get the first goal though on Tuesday then yeah it'll be a good second leg, I really enjoy the playoffs. Maybe we'll all go up in the playoffs this year, I would definitely take that if we went up! Gets you excited though for our games and feeling more confident the closer they get. COYP
    I wonder what the odds are for all three local clubs getting promotion through the play offs?

I know it’s 3 leagues higher, but Forest play like we should away from home, with pace, power and skill.

Forest will be too good for Luton/Huddersfield in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post

I cannot see any situation where forest going up is going to benefit Notts in fact I see the complete opposite & hope it never happens, it could well lead to us losing another 2 or 3 generations of potential fans. Anyone who supported us in the early 70s (pre Clough) will remember when we last genuinely challenged forest for superiority, then disaster struck they started winning things & we are still paying the price supporting them became the easy option & we lost 90% of the young support. Obviously their fan base is made up of descendants of the Clough bandwagon jumpers but over the last few seasons we have seen signs that supporting Notts isn't the weird choice that it was once seen & gates & more importantly for youngsters, credibility that it once was. However such is now the medias obsession with the Premier league that Forest joining the elite & getting the coverage & financial benefits that come with it I fear the worst, even if we enjoy a season of them getting stuffed every week & breaking all records the damage could be already done. COYP

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast