+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simon Jordan

I could have sworn we were playing 5 at the back today. I thought this was supposed to be the Brave New, post Dyche, World of attacking football. Whatever happened to that ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I could have sworn we were playing 5 at the back today. I thought this was supposed to be the Brave New, post Dyche, World of attacking football. Whatever happened to that ?
    can't cut and shape it proper until we retool the machine....Sinkov, and as Swiss pointed out, "change came later than it should", left us with a right old mess of mental.

Mr Dyche had to cope with the same right old mess that Mr Jackson has to cope with Norder. The suits in the boardroom are culpable, not the poor bloody infantry down Gawthorpe. I don't see it getting better any time soon, if at all, I still think we'll do well not to be in Admin in the next 2/3 years.

Jackson had to set up not to get hammered and with a bit of luck yesterday he would have nicked a point.

I don't know what your constant worry about money is sinkov.

We have the parachute payments, the sale of Pope, McNeil and Brownhill will bring in about £70 million.

The winding down of contracts means the likes of Tarkowski, Lennon and Vydra will have left the wage bill.

Cornet and Weghorst are not worth a fart and will in all likelihood be sold off.

What worries me most is will we have enough left of a squad to be a force in the Championship?

A first team of BPF, Roberts, Collins, Mee, Long, Taylor, Westwood, Lowton, Barnes, Rodriguez & Cork will need some serious strengthening.

Yesterday's concern was "How the f*ck was that penalty - clear and obvious"? The EPL want shut of us and of that there is no doubt.

I hope Pace has the cojones for a fight.

BT ---had a penalty been given against me or any team mate for the incident yesterday there would have been all hell let loose.
    When I was officiating, if I had given a penalty for that incident at any level of the game, I would have been lynched!
    VAR is ruining the game and it is only going to get worse. Why it saw fit to get involved yesterday is a total mystery and it stinks!

Attwell was given a rough ride after a recent Everton match when Allan was sent off after VAR intervention -----was he trying to even up the score? He has had a very poor season when on VAR duty!
    Last edited by Supersub6; 16-05-2022 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

I don't know what your constant worry about money is sinkov.
    See Post 1 on 'The DM reads' thread, it explains quite succinctly our financial problems.

Also on that thread a poster calling himself 'The Bedlington Terrier' seems to share my concerns..........

"Pace is running this enterprise on bull$hit, I've no idea what the CO2e emissions equate to, but I can smell a rat from here. I was flabbergasted to read we had to borrow £12,500,000 to cover the Wood installments. Unless we win two more games, I fear our financial goose may well be cooked."

"it's transpired we are a f*cking Mormon benevolent fund."

"Translated into layman's English - "unless you stay up and retain a grip on the EPL lucre, Burnley Football Club is well and truly f*cked".

"Dyche's luck eventually ran out mon ami, Pace's luck will run out in May if we don't pick up another six points pronto. The vulture's are already circling..."

Like I said mon ami, the vultures are already circling.

I also recently asked if Pace has the cojones for a fight?

A week or two will give us the answer.

Like I said mon ami, the vultures are already circling.

I also recently asked if Pace has the cojones for a fight?
    You're a businessman BT, so you tell me. What use are cojones when you're fighting the Administrator ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You're a businessman BT, so you tell me. What use are cojones when you're fighting the Administrator ?
    Fight is the first quality needed to keep the receivers at bay mon ami.

I watched Newcastle leather Arsenal last night, realistically I can't see us staying up now, so Pace is going to have to grow a pair to cope with the financial fall-out of exiting the EPL, I fear.

That last minute goal of Leeds could turn out to be gold dust.

Fight is the first quality needed to keep the receivers at bay mon ami.
    I would respectfully disagree with that mon ami, the first thing you need to keep the receivers at bay is money, but it's a bit of a Catch 22 situation, you don't have any money, or the receivers wouldn't be in in the first place. By the time the receivers are in it's too late, fight all you want, you're fecked.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)