+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simon Jordan

Simon Jordan

Why does Simon Jordan keep making negative comments about the Clarets. Have Burnley done something to him to make him dislike us as much as his media posts suggest. I dont get it maybe some of you guys can provide the reasons. May be if there is no justification then may be we can bombard his social media site with reasons why we dont like him even if it is unjustified.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Why does Simon Jordan keep making negative comments about the Clarets. Have Burnley done something to him to make him dislike us as much as his media posts suggest. I dont get it maybe some of you guys can provide the reasons. May be if there is no justification then may be we can bombard his social media site with reasons why we dont like him even if it is unjustified.
    reasons ?....because he can, Lancs....he can say what he likes, be as contentious as he likes....if he thinks keeping Wood and ditching Dyche have sealed Burnleys fate - plunging us down the PL into a relegation battle, he can imagine that also, just best to remember, he's living in the land of Nod !

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Cock of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Cock of the highest order.
    I used to listen to TalkSport a lot and he was a regular contributor to their programme from 10.00 a.m onwards on a daily basis. It’s strange how all of a sudden he’s gone from someone who was giving constructive opinions to someone who appears to have it in for us. Like us on this message board ,he is entitled to his views and opinions. Maybe they’ve asked him to be a bit more controversial on their show to upset people like us. I really hope we can prove him , and his mate Mr Murphy,wrong, so that we can show everyone that there is a place for teams like ours in the highest level. That would be the most satisfactory thing for me.

He does not like Little Old Burnley because we keep on defying gravity.

If we do it again this season, I think we should all hit him from BFC social media fan sites and bombard him with messages from Little Old Burnley!

I'll happily arrange it.

I heard him a couple of weeks ago, he was saying that Sean wouldn't get another PL job, not that he wasn't good enough, but it was all down to a perception of the way his teams play. fair enough that actually, I agree with him. Then he said something interesting, he said that a while back Sean would have walked down to London for the Palace job, but the Palace board wouldn't even talk to him.

Given that there were persistent rumours about Sean and Palace, and Jordan's Palace background, there may have been some truth in that, who knows ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "Then he said something interesting, he said that a while back Sean would have walked down to London for the Palace job, but the Palace board wouldn't even talk to him"

Given that there were persistent rumours about Sean and Palace, and Jordan's Palace background, there may have been some truth in that, who knows ?
    so Dyche was willing to fill his spotty handkerchief with cheese, put on a flannel shirt and head for the big smoke....but because there was nothing at the other end - he decided to stay at Burnley ?

...then wait till he got the sack !

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    so Dyche was willing to fill his spotty handkerchief with cheese, put on a flannel shirt and head for the big smoke....but because there was nothing at the other end - he decided to stay at Burnley ?

...then wait till he got the sack !

I do know Norder, from my man on the inside, that at Turf Moor, it was thought to be a done deal that Sean would take the Palace job when Roy retired. It never happened for whatever reason, maybe similar stories about Sean looking at other jobs surfaced, and the Yanks weren't wearing it. He got pushed before he could jump.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I do know Norder, from my man on the inside, that at Turf Moor, it was thought to be a done deal that Sean would take the Palace job when Roy retired. It never happened for whatever reason, maybe similar stories about Sean looking at other jobs surfaced, and the Yanks weren't wearing it. He got pushed before he could jump.
    seems to me....they should have pushed him much earlier - were excessively charitable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

seems to me....they should have pushed him much earlier - were excessively charitable imo.

I agree, Norder. Everyone has scored for fun against Norwich. We lose 2:0! Says it all about the last season under Dyche.

I wish him well. He did great things for Burnley FC. However, it was time for a change. The change came later than it should.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)