+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Maidenhead United 15.05.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by SlockyNCFC View Post
    Grimsby fans already moaning on their forum and on Twitter about Notts giving them "only" 2,000 tickets.

Sod em, I just hope that's as many as we had to give them. We finished 5th and they didn't, if we don't want to give them any more than that's our right. Even more so after the disorder that followed their last visit.
    It does make me laugh how the seaside gremlins call us tinpot for only giving them 2000 tickets yet they had a pitch invasion for finishing 6th in the national league.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's what was being said about Stockport recently#cakewalkeventually
    Congrats to all of us that predicted a 5th place finish.
    I think I was one of those.
    You can't use 'cakewalk' when you have to add 'eventually' to it btw

Wrexham did their part in taking it to the final game, keeping Stockport honest so they'd have to beat Halifax.
    Regretably, we didn't do our part. A result at lowly Aldershot with a fuller-strength team would have had us above them (not to mention the Halifax games themselves).

Forget about 3rd, what about 4th. How much better do posters think our chances would be with Chesterfield (H) Solihull (A) rather than Grimsby (H) Wrexham (A)?

Grimsby are lucky to be getting 2,000 tickets after the way some of their fans behaved in the game at Meadow Lane earlier in the season. Some disgraceful scenes that day, no doubt driven by drink and drugs. Notts Police need to grab a number them firmly by the throat from the moment they arrive and not let go until they're back over the border.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Forget about 3rd, what about 4th. How much better do posters think our chances would be with Chesterfield (H) Solihull (A) rather than Grimsby (H) Wrexham (A)?

Quite a lot better you would imagine. 4th was well within reach until we decided to throw it away.

Personally I think the Grimsby/Wrexham route is better if only for the fact that, if we beat The Haddocksniffers, we get at least an opportunity to ruin Wrexham's Netflix documentary ending.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Grimsby are lucky to be getting 2,000 tickets after the way some of their fans behaved in the game at Meadow Lane earlier in the season. Some disgraceful scenes that day, no doubt driven by drink and drugs. Notts Police need to grab a number them firmly by the throat from the moment they arrive and not let go until they're back over the border.
    Agree completely.

I’m glad we have restricted the number of tickets available. We should have an advantage. They can’t get that it in to there heads that we don’t want them to be roared on by 4000 plus.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Personally I think the Grimsby/Wrexham route is better if only for the fact that, if we beat The Haddocksniffers, we get at least an opportunity to ruin Wrexham's Netflix documentary ending.
    Beating The Grimsby Charliesniffers, The Wrexham Circus and our former manager’s team would be a sweet way to win promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Chesterfield at home has to be better than Grimsby at home, but I imagine whoever goes up will have had to have beaten (or be one of and beaten the other of) Wrexham and Solihull away from their home.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast