+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough

Are set to net £3 million for holding us to ransom over the takeover.....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So what. They are doomed to finish 7th in the championship from now to eternity

If the media are to be believed, though why Mel would reveal the exact amount is open to question.

Yes they played silly buggers, but it was down to Mel's actions in the end.

£3m? A far cry from what they were asking and a paltry figure to MM. Suspect there is much more to this than meets the eye, something quite separate from DCFC even, so perhaps not ‘£3 million for holding us to ransom...’. We’ll probably never know.

Why do you suspect such? What evidence?

Why do you suspect such? What evidence?
    Just ‘here-say’. I posted last week that I’d heard, from a reliable source (nothing more), that the acrimony between Morris and Gibson was actually non football related but that we (DCFC) had been dragged into this unrelated business quarrel.
    I also said that I have no way of verifying the above but the disparity between the original claim and a ‘mere’ £3m only adds to my suspicion. The source concerned also suggested that Gibson was generally a ‘thoroughly decent’ person to do business with. Not sure how many have said that about Morris in recent times.

Ah OK, must have missed your earlier post! Like the way you refer to a mere £ 3m, teachers pensions must be even better than I suspected . Pretty poor show if the club had been dragged into an unrelated dispute between two owners though - would have thought the EFL would be all over that one if they had the wit to be aware of it
    Last edited by Geoff Parkstone; 16-05-2022 at 01:32 PM.

Ah OK, must have missed your earlier post! Like the way you refer to a mere £ 3m, teachers pensions must be even better than I suspected . Pretty poor show if the club had been dragged into an unrelated dispute between two owners though - would have thought the EFL would be all over that one if they had the wit to be aware of it
    MM is said to, still, be worth £515m. To round it down to something more akin to more ordinary/TP terms...if I was thinking of spending £515 I wouldn’t worry too much about the odd £3 here or there...or even £20 (for the stadium in equivalent terms). Probably why I’m not an accountant.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 16-05-2022 at 02:37 PM.

A mere £3M or not.
    I think Gibson got what he was after.
    He muddied the waters, made a sale difficult if not impossible. What he really wanted was DCFC relegated and seriously damaged.
    I don't even think he would have got anything, if he'd gone to court.
    So mission accomplished from his point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    MM is said to, still, be worth £515m. To round it down to something more akin to more ordinary/TP terms...if I was thinking of spending £515 I wouldn’t worry too much about the odd £3 here or there...or even £20 (for the stadium in equivalent terms). Probably why I’m not an accountant.
    The flaw in your logic is that "being worth £ 515m" is not the same as "Having £ 515m in cash". Liquidity issues impact everyone in their own ways. Much of MM wealth is probably tied up in the value of his current investments and business interests and so illiquid. You're right this probably is why you're not an accountant despite your previously disclosed bean counting skills !!

Probably the Gibson - Morris dispute is to do with the fact that Gibson failed to get a leg over when a subscriber to uDate all those years ago

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)