+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slocombe

Slocombe

Has he got his place back?

Initially I thought he was being played due to the squad being used, but he’s played the last few, so I guess he’s back at number 1?

I’m happy if that’s the case, but didn’t expect it.

He's the better keeper of the 2 , IMHAHO, despite his footwork not being as good, (allegedly).

I think what we've learned is that Jaros is not a patch on Anthony Patterson, despite being loaned from a very prestigious club. He's okay, but then so is Slocombe, and Sam has far more game experience in the lower leagues, so I'm not surprised the manager is leaning back towards the seasoned veteran at a crunch time of the season.

One consideration is Jaros’s ability to save penalties, compared to Sam, who I can’t recall ever getting near one whilst at Notts. Sam must surely be starting games now though.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    Has he got his place back?

Initially I thought he was being played due to the squad being used, but he’s played the last few, so I guess he’s back at number 1?

I’m happy if that’s the case, but didn’t expect it.
    He should never have been dropped in the first place..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    The positives from this are ,
    At least IB is not afraid to change key positions that he feels is best for his system and he's also not afraid to revert back if he feels its not working or as he thought .Some seem to have him down as soft, but i think there's a bit of steel in him to make brave choices in key positions.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I’m pretty sure he was injured, not dropped, in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    One consideration is Jaros’s ability to save penalties, compared to Sam, who I can’t recall ever getting near one whilst at Notts. Sam must surely be starting games now though.
    Stan, save it or not there's no ability to it, a goalie commits himself as the ball is kicked and can't alter his dive, you might as well say somebody is good at guessing the toss of a coin.

And how many dozens of games are played by your team without them giving away a penalty? You can't prefer one goalie over another just because the enemy might get a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Stan, save it or not there's no ability to it, a goalie commits himself as the ball is kicked and can't alter his dive, you might as well say somebody is good at guessing the toss of a coin.

And how many dozens of games are played by your team without them giving away a penalty? You can't prefer one goalie over another just because the enemy might get a penalty.
    Play off games go to extra time and pens and some keepers are clearly better at pens than others.

To get to penalties, you first must not lose the game. I feel far more confident with Sam between the sticks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast