+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slocombe

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    To get to penalties, you first must not lose the game. I feel far more confident with Sam between the sticks
    He could make a late substitution if he felt that way ..

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    He could make a late substitution if he felt that way ..
    Jaros probably wouldn't even be on the bench though

I think I heard on the Magpie Circle podcast (not sure what episode it was) that Jaros may well be away on international duty with the Czech Republic u21s around the time of the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    I think I heard on the Magpie Circle podcast (not sure what episode it was) that Jaros may well be away on international duty with the Czech Republic u21s around the time of the playoffs
    If that’s the case then it’s sensible to have got Slocombe in and playing.

I’d say Jaros has been alright, though, not as stand-out as Patterson but a decent young ‘keeper. Think it was definitely worthwhile as Sam looked bang out of form for much of the first half of the season, but has looked a lot more confident and assured since coming back in.

Plenty on here wanted him dropping earlier this season based on perfomances. Maybe he needed dropping for his own benefit.

From my viewings they are very similar in terms of perfomance, not much in it at all. As long as the one chosen (looks like Sam) is in good form it gives us a chance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12