+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Fun manager

Tommy Wright has gotta be high on the list...or Dougie Imrie?

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The trouble with predicting a Funster manager is(no offence intended)they are a small club with a very small drum even smaller than Livi's or Well's If some punter fae the Bowser reads my posts and goes to Ladbrokes round the corner and puts a fiver on Gavin Strachan to be their next manager he will be installed as The Favourite,FACT.
    Maybe we should both put a tenner on Julian Clary then?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Maybe we should both put a tenner on Julian Clary then?
    My mole tells me that Jack Ross has turned doon the gig more times than Robert Lewandowski has scored for Bayern Munich.Mind you my mole does not always get it right because he once told me that he was about to embark on a new career path as a driver on The Dundee City Monorail.

My mole tells me that Jack Ross has turned doon the gig more times than Robert Lewandowski has scored for Bayern Munich.Mind you my mole does not always get it right because he once told me that he was about to embark on a new career path as a driver on The Dundee City Monorail.
    😄😄 on that very subject I had a long chat with my Jambo mate today and he was staggered to hear that the Fun don't own their stadium. I brought him up to date on the gory Admin 2 details, John Bennett etc and tbf he was in stitches when I told him Nelms has promised the new stadium for 2024. His immediate reaction was that means they're away.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Tommy Wright has gotta be high on the list...or Dougie Imrie?
    Be serious 😎 well maybe you are being serious. Tommy Wright will turn up somewhere but Dens unlikely. They don't know how to do the basics like advertise a role and select the best candidate.
    The Wee fat tramp gardener from At Home with the McCanns is on the bookies list though. Done a decent job at Cove by all accounts.

Which reminds me, when the Old Rangers were handing out EBT's like confetti (aye you McCann) they'd signed a player from England and he was due to make his debut away at St Johnston.

Night before the game he tells the manager he'll drive himself to the match. 1.30pm the next day no sign of said player so one of the Hun staff calls the player. Player says "Sorry about this but I think I'm lost"
    Where are you then?
    "In Johnstone but they say St Johnstone don't play here"
    Johnstone in Renfrewshire?
    "I think so"

Boss, we need to change the team sheet.

I honestly think it is quite an attractive post....surely the championship is looking like it is one that should be relatively easy to get bounced straight back up? (I know that we struggled but next season looks achievable even for them) I manager could easily look at it like a quick opportunity to get themselves back in the shop window and get their career back up and running? It is potentially a good wee stepping stone for someone that has been struggling to get back into management. If Strachan is choosing then I would take a guess at an ex colleague that is needing a favour. Neil Lennon with Gordy's boy as assistant...with Gordy's boy taking over once Lennon moves or gets sacked..... orJocky Scott !

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I honestly think it is quite an attractive post....surely the championship is looking like it is one that should be relatively easy to get bounced straight back up? (I know that we struggled but next season looks achievable even for them) I manager could easily look at it like a quick opportunity to get themselves back in the shop window and get their career back up and running? It is potentially a good wee stepping stone for someone that has been struggling to get back into management. If Strachan is choosing then I would take a guess at an ex colleague that is needing a favour. Neil Lennon with Gordy's boy as assistant...with Gordy's boy taking over once Lennon moves or gets sacked..... orJocky Scott !
    With the appointment of WGS as DOF i think a lot of the usual suspects will not be considered as they would not be willing to work under him ie your Tommy Wright or Neil Lennon type managers.The Dees are i think adopting a model closer to ours which is likely to mean a young head coach like Kevin Thomson or Darren O'Dea.
    Its not likely to be WG son though he is currently a first team coach with Celtic and the Dees have distanced themselves from him apparently.

If the mole is looking in thanks you were spot on again.

If the mole is looking in thanks you were spot on again.
    Yep - seen that on Twitter. Frankly, with the constant harassment I’m amazed that Ross Jack doesn’t get Funny FC subjected to a restraining order.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)