+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grimsby Tickets Info

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Thing is. There’ll be loads of Grimsby fans in the home stands. I’m actually not sure it matters how many tickets we give them.

They won't be able to make any noise though without risking a slap or being thrown out, the majority will have to sit there and do no more than politely clap, so not a problem.

Notts have been fighting for home advantage all season, it would be stupid to give that up that now. I'd never want to see no away fans, but a full stand or giving up your largest stand behind a goal in a game of this magnitude is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    They won't be able to make any noise though without risking a slap or being thrown out, the majority will have to sit there and do no more than politely clap, so not a problem.

Notts have been fighting for home advantage all season, it would be stupid to give that up that now. I'd never want to see no away fans, but a full stand or giving up your largest stand behind a goal in a game of this magnitude is just dumb.
    I was sat in the Pavis for that Coventry game, as I have for the last 20 years.
    There were about 20 -30 Cov lads sat around me.
    You could tell by their dress as "football lads" and their reaction when the Cov goals went in.
    Despite Notts statement that they would not sell any tickets to people with Warwickshire area postcodes, they did. They may have lived somewhere neutral obviously.
    When the stewards were told, they did absolutely nothing.
    Had the result gone against Cov, it could have been very nasty.
    I expect the same against the Mariners, who probably have worse fans pro rota than Cov.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

I'd give them the Family Stand and maybe a block of the Sirrell. Move the family section to the Kop end of the Sirrell. I like having away fans behind one goal or tucked away somewhere, but obviously not in the Kop again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    And how well did giving Coventry 5000 tickets go?
    That wasn't why they won though.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    That wasn't why they won though.
    The linesman who was on the side of the Coventry fans made at least two game changing wrong decisions, no excuse for their two offside goals in the second half but as we don't actually make money from this, as stated earlier it's pooled between all 6 teams, what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    The linesman who was on the side of the Coventry fans made at least two game changing wrong decisions, no excuse for their two offside goals in the second half but as we don't actually make money from this, as stated earlier it's pooled between all 6 teams, what's the point?
    I think we would have lost that game whether they had 5000 fans or 2000. But I get your point. And to be honest, I had no idea the money was pooled and shared that way. So yeah, if we don't stand to benefit financially, there's literally no point in giving Grimsby more than the minimum, particularly given their tendency to raise hell.

I think we’re being a bit OTT on the Grimsby lot. Always found them a decent enough bunch who mostly want to enjoy their day out.

We’re right on the tickets, though. 2,000 is completely fair enough, it’s more than they’d get at any of the other play-off teams and it’s more than we’d get at their place. We’re within our rights to want to maximise home advantage, they’re within their rights to say it’s us running scared and try to create a siege mentality from it. That’s the game, high stakes and you’ve got to do all you can to get an edge.

It’ll be a struggle for them to get tickets in the home end, all of ours is online now so imagine we’d be very wary of sales to anyone without a booking history with us and will be sharing the details with Grimsby.

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    That's all well and good. I just hope that if Grimsby or their fans fans contact the club to complain, we can at least offer some decent customer service by pointing out that they can finish better than sixth next time to avoid any future disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    I was sat in the Pavis for that Coventry game, as I have for the last 20 years.
    There were about 20 -30 Cov lads sat around me.
    You could tell by their dress as "football lads" and their reaction when the Cov goals went in.
    Despite Notts statement that they would not sell any tickets to people with Warwickshire area postcodes, they did. They may have lived somewhere neutral obviously.
    When the stewards were told, they did absolutely nothing.
    Had the result gone against Cov, it could have been very nasty.
    I expect the same against the Mariners, who probably have worse fans pro rota than Cov.
    There was loads of trouble at Eastleigh train station after the game on Sunday. Many arrests were made. Couldn’t say they were defo Grimsby chavs. But it wouldn’t surprise me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123