+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flares

Quote Originally Posted by wolvesarab View Post
    Personally I think flares are a disgrace....... Dundee fans have been wearing them for years ��
    That's a tribute to their last trophy win mate

😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    Even though it wasn't one of the bigot bros, it doesn't make it right. They can be dangerous and it might only be a matter of time before someone gets hurt IMO.
    Totally agree they are bl00dy awful things. I was once caught up in the smoke from one and as an asthmatic I can assure anyone that it was hellish and downright dangerous. I had to leave the game early. Get and keep these things the hell away from football and anywhere else for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    Totally agree they are bl00dy awful things. I was once caught up in the smoke from one and as an asthmatic I can assure anyone that it was hellish and downright dangerous. I had to leave the game early. Get and keep these things the hell away from football and anywhere else for that matter.
    I loved the atmosphere on Saturday and was one of my best away days I have experienced.

However I don't think throwing 500 degree centigrade flares is necessary. I see in the Courier Tony Watt agreeing that he doesn't like them.

I think the tannoy announcer was amusing but basically gave the crowd the idea of a pitch invasion if we hadn't thought of it already. He also declared how many flares had been thrown and so prompted more.

I personally would have liked to have seen the players acknowlodging and celebrating with the crowd at the end but we who didn't invade the pitch were denied that.

Accept the media reaction is over the top and of course they ignore bigger crimes of the uglies, but flares and pitch invasions are an accident waiting to happen, just not necessary. It just gives ****s like McKay and the serial media haters of all things Utd talking points.

A word to the away support this season, you have been ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS ALL SEASON! Enjoy a summer break see you all somewhere in 🇪🇺

Arabest!

I got thrown out of flares once, I'm sure a few on here remember it.
    On a serious note I think that flares/smoke bombs are dangerous and when thrown from the back of a stand can injure people at the front and once got one in the back of the head.
    I hope ALL clubs get a warning and they criminalised for next season for ALL clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan123 View Post
    On a serious note I think that flares/smoke bombs are dangerous and when thrown from the back of a stand can injure people at the front and once got one in the back of the head.
    I hope ALL clubs get a warning and they criminalised for next season for ALL clubs.
    Nope, had a wee blether we the auld team, we cannae remember you getting chucked oot oh Flares.

Do agree though. I think they look great, and add to the atmosphere, but.... there is an accident in the post.

Never had my head split by a bog roll tho.... Andrex ... is the future, nae sh*t.. honest
    Last edited by Yeats 62; 16-05-2022 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Disclaimer- other toilet rolls are available on request

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan123 View Post
    Bottom of Crichton Street was it not?

Half and half re smoke bombs and flares, as a spectacle I think they look great, being near them though is hazardous to health.

The problem is that nowadays this sort of crowd reaction will not be tolerated. If someone gets knocked over or seriously hurt by fans trying to get onto the pitch then we are in big trouble. If smoke or flares cause physical harm to someone then what? If flares damage pitches or seats utd will be hit financially. If say Aberdeen or Hearts fans behaved that way at Tannadice I reckon we would be pretty unhappy & saying it was over the top & unaccwptable. I have deliberately not put up celtic or rangers as examples for obvious reasons. I love celebrating utds wins & achievements but lets keep it on the sides & let the players acknowledge us from the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Bottom of Crichton Street was it not?

Half and half re smoke bombs and flares, as a spectacle I think they look great, being near them though is hazardous to health.
    The Galleon....(and plenty other names)

Quite hazardous if they land on your hair , scalp , jekkit...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)