+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Tickets Sold

My friend is a psycho, if any Grimsby town supporter winds him up in the Pavis stand, the red mist will come down lol
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-05-2022 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Typos fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Apparently bought at the ticket office as working in Nottingham.
    If true, then this just goes to show that no matter what you do, actions always have consequences (or potential consequences) well intentioned or not. All things being weighed up, I think the club has been right to limit Grimsby's allocation but we'll have to wait and see what happens.

If Notts were to lose AND you had a serious to-do between rivals fans, then the next time the club finds itself in this position, it's going to feel obliged and come under pressure to hand over the whole stand, with no guarantee of a better outcome.

If Notts win with little or no bother, then the decision will have been fully justified, but the more successful the club - the more problems of this nature you have to contend with.

In our defence, we haven't had a great deal of practice in recent years when it comes to large away followings in high-stake scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    My friend is a phyco
    I think you mean 'PHYSCO', as a Forest fan once had on the back of his shirt!

that was Stuart Pearce

Ticket sales for our Vanarama National League play-off eliminator match against Grimsby have surpassed 10,000.

We welcome the Mariners to Meadow Lane on Monday 23 May (kick-off 7.45pm) for what promises to be an enthralling battle to reach the semi-finals and our chief executive Jason Turner is delighted with the response so far.

“As anticipated, it looks like we’re heading for a huge crowd and brilliant atmosphere,” said Turner.

“I know Ian Burchnall and his team are thrilled with the support and are determined to repay it with a strong performance on the night.

“It’s been a hectic week at the club with tickets flying out since we went on sale on Monday. I must place on record my thanks to our ticket office team who have been working tirelessly to cope with the incredible demand.

They have also been extremely diligent in their efforts to prevent visiting supporters from purchasing tickets in home areas in line with our well-established policies and procedures relating to fixtures of this nature.

“I would like to reassure our supporters that new online account registrations were suspended before Monday’s fixture was confirmed, and that stringent checks have been in place for those purchasing tickets with us for the first time.

“This process has led to a small number of tickets being cancelled, however this is not out of the ordinary for matches when away tickets are in high demand.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...ay-off-150522/

Blimey is Stuart Pearce going to be in The Kop on Monday evening cheering on the mighty pies?

Finally got my tickets yesterday and there were more seats available in the home end than for the Solihull game, family stand looked sparsely populated. May end up being a similar number of fans to that game given the 2k Grimsby are bringing.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBovisPie View Post
    Finally got my tickets yesterday and there were more seats available in the home end than for the Solihull game, family stand looked sparsely populated. May end up being a similar number of fans to that game given the 2k Grimsby are bringing.
    Just looked and the Pavis and Kop look well full bar the end blocks in both stands. The Family stand is pretty empty which is strange though. It's never full but hardly any seats taken. I'd say with the Grimsby fans it'll be obe the 10k mark for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think you mean 'PHYSCO', as a Forest fan once had on the back of his shirt!
    He started his own soft drinks company.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Just looked and the Pavis and Kop look well full bar the end blocks in both stands. The Family stand is pretty empty which is strange though. It's never full but hardly any seats taken. I'd say with the Grimsby fans it'll be obe the 10k mark for sure.
    A few reasons why the family stand may be empty:
    1. It’s near the Grimsby fans and we well remember the failure of the police to stop things being thrown at us in previous games.
    2. It’s a Monday night with GCSE and A level exams tomorrow.
    3. It’s a Monday night and primary school kids will be there in much lower numbers.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast