+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: He's a star made at Rotherham United

He's a star made at Rotherham United

Semi Ajayi: West Brom defender signs contract extension to run until 2025

Dead chuffed for him!

Good for him.....do we still have a sell on clause from him? Bit vague I know but unsure.

We won't make any money if he's sold on now but hey we did well out of him as a player and a transfer. Arguably we sold cheap.

He made 33 appearances during the 2021-22 campaign, scoring his only goal in a 1-0 win at Peterborough last August.

"The talks have been going on for a very long time so I'm glad we've finally got it all sorted," Ajayi told the club's website.

"I can now look forward to next season and doing my best to try and help this club get back to the Premier League."

Manager Steve Bruce said Nigeria international Ajayi had been arguably the team's best player since he took over in February, following the departure of Valerien Ismael.

Well he'll get a good reception at the NYS when he comes to play against us. Yes folks we're back up in the BIG TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Well he'll get a good reception at the NYS when he comes to play against us. Yes folks we're back up in the BIG TIME!
    Or another scenario

Bruce gets off to a bad start and is sacked, Ajayi ends up in reserves then we get him back on loan

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Or another scenario

Bruce gets off to a bad start and is sacked, Ajayi ends up in reserves then we get him back on loan
    You really need to stop reading The Doomsday Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Or another scenario

Grist, that would be good but not realistic I'm afraid if bruce has bigged him up that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grist, that would be good but not realistic I'm afraid if bruce has bigged him up that much.
    But Bruce rarely stays long at any club.

We’ll also find out in a couple of hours whether we’ll be playing against Danny Ward or Danny Hylton next season