+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brucie’s big WBA rebuild

Semi Ajayi has agreed a contract extension tying him to the club until the summer of 2025.

Tbh, I know he can sometimes be prone to mistakes, but not unhappy about Ajayi being offered an extension

It’d be a massive bonus to have a consistent Semi.

I hope I'm not proved wrong with this, but I actually think Bruce is a good man to develop our squad. Tactically I think he's proven to be suspect but squad building seems to have been a strong point in his career.

His CV is littered with quite innovative, forward thinking signings. The best being Andy Robertson, Christophe Duggary, Harry Maguire, Wilson Palacios and Hatem Ben Arfa in good points in their career to name a few.

At Villa he brought in Abraham, McGinn, Tuanzebe and Bolasie the season they went up.

Here's to hoping he builds a cracking squad, gets sacked in November and the next gaffer gets us promoted this season!

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    I hope I'm not proved wrong with this, but I actually think Bruce is a good man to develop our squad. Tactically I think he's proven to be suspect but squad building seems to have been a strong point in his career.

His CV is littered with quite innovative, forward thinking signings. The best being Andy Robertson, Christophe Duggary, Harry Maguire, Wilson Palacios and Hatem Ben Arfa in good points in their career to name a few.

At Villa he brought in Abraham, McGinn, Tuanzebe and Bolasie the season they went up.

Here's to hoping he builds a cracking squad, gets sacked in November and the next gaffer gets us promoted this season!

On the evidence of really poor football since Bruce came in and praising league 1 players like Livermore and Reach - I fail to see the positives! For me Kipre was better than Bartley who blames everyone but himself and Kipre is leaving!

Newcastle have not spent a fortune since Bruce left and some of the same players under Bruce look transformed under Howe. Ask any Newcastle supporters on their forum as it’s a friendly board and they are a good bunch!

We need a young forward thinking manager with a vision to spot the next Conor Gallagher or Harvey Barnes and not praise players who are s hite like Reach who the Sheffield Wednesday supporters thought the same!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    On the evidence of really poor football since Bruce came in and praising league 1 players like Livermore and Reach - I fail to see the positives! For me Kipre was better than Bartley who blames everyone but himself and Kipre is leaving!

Newcastle have not spent a fortune since Bruce left and some of the same players under Bruce look transformed under Howe. Ask any Newcastle supporters on their forum as it’s a friendly board and they are a good bunch!

We need a young forward thinking manager with a vision to spot the next Conor Gallagher or Harvey Barnes and not praise players who are s hite like Reach who the Sheffield Wednesday supporters thought the same!
    I would double check your views around Newcastle spend. Howe spent nearly £100m in January

Quick point re Bruce and Dugarry. Bruce didn't source his signing. He wasn't scouted or even on Birmingham City's radar. Dugarry's agent contacted Blues and offered him to them on a plate.

I would double check your views around Newcastle spend. Howe spent nearly £100m in January

The main point was the players under Bruce who are still there are transformed under Howe! That tells a story!

100 million is not a lot for the Premier either! A team called West Brom spent almost 40 million on three donkeys called Zohore, Grant and Diangana

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    The main point was the players under Bruce who are still there are transformed under Howe! That tells a story!

100 million is not a lot for the Premier either! A team called West Brom spent almost 40 million on three donkeys called Zohore, Grant and Diangana
    I’d like to see what he could bring in with a transfer window. I’ve said before that Big Sam didn’t get a tune out of us until he made 3 signings.

Bruce was left with a massive gap in the number 10 position, which Reach couldn’t fill so hopefully he can bring someone in who can bring the fans together!

I’d like to see what he could bring in with a transfer window. I’ve said before that Big Sam didn’t get a tune out of us until he made 3 signings.

Bruce was left with a massive gap in the number 10 position, which Reach couldn’t fill so hopefully he can bring someone in who can bring the fans together!

I hope you are right Matt as we need to start well otherwise after around 10 games the supporters will start getting on Bruce's back. The crucial area will always be the engine ( mid ) and Gallagher, Okay and Pereira were class. We have not one decent player in that position and we need a new captain who is consistently good, rallies the troops and does not get pathetic red cards due to mistimed tackles.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)