+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'I'm ready to tell my story'

Tend to agree with Matt on this one for many of the reasons he has laid out.

Back in the 80s when pressure and ignorance from the Red Top press over Aids set back Gay rights decades and led to Thatcher passing Section 28 I could see the need to demonstrate by the LGBT community but all the Gay Pride stuff over recent years has irked me as I thought we were past this. Clearly, in some sectors particularly, we are not and football is one of them. Hats off to the lad then.

Sadly, what has come out of the BLM movement too is that racism (and this Inc colourism) is also an ongoing issue in this country. Again, I didn't think it was anyway near as bad as it is until I listened to some of the stories people told and -again- football is a sector where the Kick it out campaign still has its place.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike the whole rainbow laces / taking the knee/ wokieness stuff too but I recognise that there is still racism/ ***ism and homophobia in the game and still more to do to tackle these prejudices there and in society.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Tend to agree with Matt on this one for many of the reasons he has laid out.

Back in the 80s when pressure and ignorance from the Red Top press over Aids set back Gay rights decades and led to Thatcher passing Section 28 I could see the need to demonstrate by the LGBT community but all the Gay Pride stuff over recent years has irked me as I thought we were past this. Clearly, in some sectors particularly, we are not and football is one of them. Hats off to the lad then.

Sadly, what has come out of the BLM movement too is that racism (and this Inc colourism) is also an ongoing issue in this country. Again, I didn't think it was anyway near as bad as it is until I listened to some of the stories people told and -again- football is a sector where the Kick it out campaign still has its place.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike the whole rainbow laces / taking the knee/ wokieness stuff too but I recognise that there is still racism/ ***ism and homophobia in the game and still more to do to tackle these prejudices there and in society.

I agree with you! Sincere best wishes to this gay guy. I was in the travel industry for years and had the responsibility of looking after the airline crew too who landed on the overseas island I managed - every other male was gay and there were some really nice people.

My view though is football is football and all this bollox about rainbow laces and coming out is a distraction and why is this guy brave? Is he braver than a person who helps tackle an armed villain or terrorist? No so let’s not use the word brave.

On a contentious subject - if a gay or bi***ual can play and why shouldn’t they - if there was a girl who had strength and was brilliant then why can’t she play to her level even if it’s league 2. That’s different then for some fat
    s exist blokes who hate everything about women’s sport! Some talented girls would easily be better than some of the players in league 1 or 2. Some of the USA girls are excellent and it’s not just about strength but skill, How many West Brom players even Carroll or HRK had strength but no skill!! Remember Hartson who was a pudding!

OK though for gays or perhaps bi’s or even non gender folk that come out but wow - disgusting if a girl at any level plays in male football.

Football therefore should be for everyone - straight - gay - trans ( male with t its ) - bi’s - non gender - girls so there should be no preference!

Wouldn’t worry me if a talented trans with t its or a talented girl ( if there were one ) replaced a useless t wat like Livermore. Yes Livermore puts his chest out like a cave man but he can’t run - can’t pass - can’t tackle without a late lunge - has no creativity so bring it on!

Anyone should be allowed therefore to play football so not just about this ‘ brave ‘ footballer who has the spotlight on him!

Even now Sian Massey the lines woman receives abuse all the time and disgusting songs aimed at her. That’s different though as she’s a woman and not a brave boy for coming out! The word hypocrite comes to mind!
    Last edited by baggieal; 17-05-2022 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    He’s scored 30+ in his age group team for Blackpool this season I believe.
    Sign him........

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Sign him........

Bruce does not give promising youngsters a chance Dubs. You should know that! Some cart horse at one of Bruce’s numerous clubs will come in and join the CLASS player Adam Reach!

Completely missing the point of the thread but doesn't he look much older than 17?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)