+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'I'm ready to tell my story'

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    I suppose there’s never a great age to explain to your family why you have a naked picture of Livermore in your wallet ;-)

A right dick Livermore is too!! Livermore should push his chest out at Blackpool next year and he could get lucky🤣

It's not the profession to admit you're gay. Acting, singing, cooking and hairdressing it's almost expected of you to be gay.
    He has made a rod for his own back, but then footballers have never been the sharpest tools in the shed.

Got to say (well I haven't got to but I'm going to.....) there's more than a hint of male insecurity on this thread. Calm down lads, I can't imagine he's going to want to bum any of us 😊 .

Anyway, does anyone know whether he's any good at football? That's all I'd worry about should he become part of our young and hungry squad moving forward.

Now there's a thought. Albion's first openly gay footballer. James McLean not wearing a poppy was bad enough. How would some of you cope 😊 ?

I'm sure he will be popping up on quiz shows and strictly, before long he'll be on his way to his first million.

It’s just ridiculous, why is this plastered all over the media? There’s far more important things going on for us to know about other than who some vaguely known footballer is sharing his bed with. Why is anyone interested? I don’t give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    It’s just ridiculous, why is this plastered all over the media? There’s far more important things going on for us to know about other than who some vaguely known footballer is sharing his bed with. Why is anyone interested? I don’t give a damn.

Exactly Ketts! William says he’s brave but that’s bollox!!! Brave is a person tackling a terrorist who has guns or knives! Brave is somebody coming to help a victim who has been attacked!

So why would Sian Massey ( lineswoman ) if at Blackpool get a separate shower and this gay Blackpool player still jumps in the shower with his team mates? I would feel more comfortable being in the same shower with Sian Massey if I was a Blackpool player 😂

Meanwhile there’s mass atrocities still
    In Ukraine and we hear all this rubbish!!
    Last edited by baggieal; 17-05-2022 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Exactly Ketts! William says he’s brave but that’s bollox!!! Brave is a person tackling a terrorist who has guns or knives! Brave is somebody coming to help a victim who has been attacked!

So why would Sian Massey ( lineswoman ) if at Blackpool get a separate shower and this gay Blackpool player still jumps in the shower with his team mates? I would feel more comfortable being in the same shower with Sian Massey if I was a Blackpool player 😂

Meanwhile there’s mass atrocities still
    In Ukraine and we hear all this rubbish!!
    Just because he’s gay doesn’t mean he’d fancy sticking it up your a r s e in the showers Al!

From what I’ve seen of it ( albeit thankfully through your trousers! ) it’s so saggy it scrapes along the ground these days!

I worked with a mid 50’s gay boy when I was 17 years old in the menswear trade and he never once tried it on with me.

As my manager said to me at the time, just because he’s gay it doesn’t mean he finds you attractive Mick!

Joking apart though, given the law of probabilities he is going to be attracted by certain straight teammates.

If any of us were put into an environment where we were naked with a selection of both gay and straight females of all shapes and sizes and colours I think it’s fair to say it would be impossible to keep the “Old Fella” in check.

He’s bound to get a stiffy for someone just like we would I guess.

I wonder what the protocol is in this scenario, does anyone know, are separate showers a thing in this instance?

Facing your own internal fears is always the hardest place to start.
    Best of luck to him....just hope it doesn't distract from his football
    As 68 says....is he any good at football?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Facing your own internal fears is always the hardest place to start.
    Best of luck to him....just hope it doesn't distract from his football
    As 68 says....is he any good at football?
    He’s scored 30+ in his age group team for Blackpool this season I believe.

I suppose he could still fancy blokes and be in the shower but just not be out the closet. There could have been 100s of footballers in this situation over the years. At least he’s open about it. He’s miles braver than folk on here estimate. He’s set himself up for being called a c*nt by middle aged, straight white blokes on football forums all around the country. ;-)

Also, I don’t get the whole ‘there’s a war on so no other news is important’. That war is going to go on for months, maybe years…there’s room for other news!

If he’d have got on with his life and not mentioned it in the press, but lived his life as a gay man then it would still have gotten out and he’d not be able to control the situation, giving his own narrative.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)