+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brave young man - English League Footballer announces he's gay

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    The cynic in me thinks why is this anything other than a profile raising exercise?��.
    Only 17 though so not sure about that.

Now a footballer retiring now, if they came out they would be pretty much guaranteed a pundit's job on the BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

Now a footballer retiring now, if they came out they would be pretty much guaranteed a pundit's job on the BBC.
    And a book deal

And a tv program about their deprived childhood

And a follow up about their mental health issues

A place on Celebrity Come Dancing

Etc etc

Not really bothered tbf. Looking at the Eurovision song contest Sat neet( only saw last 20 mins) says it all nowadays, no wonder the BBC like promoting it

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    There’s not much gay abuse because all of us fans are too busy abusing black players ( allegedly)
    ...or Paul 'the Bottler' Warne...

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

gf, he's probably stating facts now as he may well have along career ahead of him and probably doesn't want 'outing' later in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    17 year old Blackpool Footballer Jake Daniels, has announced he's gay and proud of it. Must have taken immense courage to announce this.

Personally I've nothing against folk who are openly gay, it's who you are and you make your own way through life.
    I wonder how many more footballers of the English Leagues may now announce they're openly gay?

Ignorant neanderthals have always seen football as a macho manly sport where being gay, would and probably and still is frowned upon and something for these morons to latch on to. The young man will probably face ridicule throughout his career but hopefully he focuses on his game and doesn't let it affect his progression.

For the record, I'd have no objection to a gay player representing our team.
    Good for him!!! Be proud of who you are.

No way I could be gay though. Couldn’t have men giving me the knock back as well as the ladies!!

Not too bothered.they probably don’t want to overplay it and neither under play it.keep it level and I don’t think it will be much of a problem.also should expect the same treatment as any other player…eg if in a year he gets released it’s because of his ability not because of his ***uality…and neither he should be kept on just because of the contrary…

Well done young man. Hopefully we only ever hear his name now with regards to footballing success. The rest is insignificant and irrelevant, live your life fella. Good to pave the way though and show that fundamentally people don't care nowadays.

Blackpool have transfer listed him

Says something about your society that it attracts attention, and stupid comments about consequential media treatment.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast