+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brave young man - English League Footballer announces he's gay

I think pre 70s were the worst years as I was attacked 3 times by gays 15 years old in Galway Ireland by a Catholic priest, by a friend of my sisters when I was 16 by an Asian guy on 69 bus to Sheffield. I despised gays but as I grew older and capable of holding my own (laugh) I grew to accept As a publican barstaff, customers, wife's friends I think they are a better standard these days

It will be interesting to see how this goes. Whatever the motivation for coming out, the point is whether or not there will be a fan reaction. I suspect not - as many have said we have probably moved on - but the generation of fans (and some players) who gave Graham Le Saux abuse twenty years ago are still around. (Le Saux, of course, was vilified based on rumours that he was gay when in fact he was hetero***ual.)

Well, I'd think twice about picking the soap up in the shower when he drops it, but that's just me. Can't speak for the rest of you of course. UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this goes. Whatever the motivation for coming out, the point is whether or not there will be a fan reaction. I suspect not - as many have said we have probably moved on - but the generation of fans (and some players) who gave Graham Le Saux abuse twenty years ago are still around. (Le Saux, of course, was vilified based on rumours that he was gay when in fact he was hetero***ual.)
    I think they gave him abuse becaue he was a Guardian reader which seems fair enough to me.

Yeah nobody wants a footballer with a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Yeah nobody wants a footballer with a brain.
    And Guardian readers brains are very valuable on the transplant market.

They can be advertised as "unused"

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

Whereas your average Mail reader is a model of rational thought.

The problem i said is already happening.the footballer coming out is fine,people and other stars praising him initially him are fine….but I just saw an article on Daniels that morphed to mention of the tall guy who identifies as a woman cyclist and others of the ilk…it’s the bandwagon jumpers that will over cook it and indelibly spoilt it…

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

How could anyone judge whether it is worthy news unless they read it?

Reading something doesn’t mean you have to support it. That’s the foundation of a free press and objective thinking.

Imagine saying something is rubbish, nonsense or untrue without reading it.

That’s what the prime minister keeps getting caught out for.

1st gay footballer since Justin Fashinu allegedly, always thought Anita was gay ex Newcastle player, or was he/she one of them Trans thingys??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234