+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brave young man - English League Footballer announces he's gay

Brave young man - English League Footballer announces he's gay

17 year old Blackpool Footballer Jake Daniels, has announced he's gay and proud of it. Must have taken immense courage to announce this.

Personally I've nothing against folk who are openly gay, it's who you are and you make your own way through life.
    I wonder how many more footballers of the English Leagues may now announce they're openly gay?

Ignorant neanderthals have always seen football as a macho manly sport where being gay, would and probably and still is frowned upon and something for these morons to latch on to. The young man will probably face ridicule throughout his career but hopefully he focuses on his game and doesn't let it affect his progression.

For the record, I'd have no objection to a gay player representing our team.

I don't think anyone cares anymore do they?

I think the reason sportsmen don't come out is so that don't jeopardise sponsorship deals in more conservative parts of the world like the Middle East.

Same with a lot of actors, they don't want to lose money.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

I think the reason sportsmen don't come out is so that don't jeopardise sponsorship deals in more conservative parts of the world like the Middle East.

That’s probably true.

don't imagine there's much interest in the Middle East in sponsoring Blackpool FC or one of its players - do you?

Impressive marketing by the Seasiders if they have managed to do it though...
    Last edited by sawmiller; 16-05-2022 at 07:29 PM.

Stunning and brave.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    For the record, I'd have no objection to a gay player representing our team.
    It's a good job Brin, law of averages states that we've probably had quite a few over the years.

As others have mentioned I doubt many people care these days.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It's a good job Brin, law of averages states that we've probably had quite a few over the years.

As others have mentioned I doubt many people care these days.
    If you go on the number of gay performers seen on tv programs then probably half of our current squad is gay

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    don't imagine there's much interest in the Middle East in sponsoring Blackpool FC or one of its players - do you?

Impressive marketing by the Seasiders if they have managed to do it though...
    I meant the Premier League players.

Gay footballers aren't going to get loads of abuse from crowds in the UK in 2022, although there probaly will still be the odd one or two, as seen at the Everton v Brentford game.

I meant the Premier League players.

Gay footballers aren't going to get loads of abuse from crowds in the UK in 2022, although there probaly will still be the odd one or two, as seen at the Everton v Brentford game.
    There’s not much gay abuse because all of us fans are too busy abusing black players ( allegedly)

The cynic in me thinks why is this anything other than a profile raising exercise?🤔.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast