+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The road to Prague

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Agreed, although the Fermers almost managed it.
    Of course, I live in hope but our squad doesn't have much (if any) experience at this level. If we can manage to qualify for a few seasons in a row and maintain a relatively steady squad then it's a totally different prospect. Right now though, not so much

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Of course, I live in hope but our squad doesn't have much (if any) experience at this level. If we can manage to qualify for a few seasons in a row and maintain a relatively steady squad then it's a totally different prospect. Right now though, not so much
    Charlie Mulgrew has played for and captained Scotland and in Europe

Tony Watt famously scored for Celtic against Barca

The flying Finn is an international

Ross Graham is class at any level

🤞🤞🤞

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Charlie Mulgrew has played for and captained Scotland and in Europe

Tony Watt famously scored for Celtic against Barca

The flying Finn is an international

Ross Graham is class at any level

🤞🤞🤞
    Yeah but 3 out of the whole squad. I think my point still stands.

Is that you suffering from a bit of negativity bud?

While my expectation of making the early group stage is quite slim, i do think we have the basis for creating a team that would not look too far out of place in the qualifiers. Goalkeepers is an obvious issue as we dont know what to expect from Eriksson and as yet untried back up coming through, but do we have a top Scottish keeper coming to us? In defence, i am confident Smith/Freeman, Edwards/Mulgrew/Graham and McMann/Duffy will be fine. Up front for now, Watt and Clark is played right will do a job.

The midfield however is needing someone like Levitt back, but also a player that can anchor the midfield, and i think that is where i think we will fail to deliver on both counts sadly.

We do need 5 or 6, but there are also plenty youngsters who are that wee bit older as well.

2 really as Graham is so young. Agree unless we pull out some amazing signings (and Harkes isn't one of them) we will have a Jolly which is fantastic but no where near getting into group stages or beyond

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    2 really as Graham is so young. Agree unless we pull out some amazing signings (and Harkes isn't one of them) we will have a Jolly which is fantastic but no where near getting into group stages or beyond

Just need to qualify again for next season then and have another crack

We don't want to be a one and done as Ogren says

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Hopefully the new manager doesn't invite you to give the pre match team talk!

I'm not saying we are going to qualify but I do think depending on signings in the right positions it's definitely possible.

It's 4 games isn't it? 2 at home 👍

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Hopefully the new manager doesn't invite you to give the pre match team talk!

I'm not saying we are going to qualify but I do think depending on signings in the right positions it's definitely possible.

It's 4 games isn't it? 2 at home ��
    Let's not forget that we took points off both halves of the uglies last season so it's entirely possible we can do this, although we are definitely going to need some players first

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Let's not forget that we took points off both halves of the uglies last season so it's entirely possible we can do this, although we are definitely going to need some players first
    Confidence, I like that ADS. I wonder if some are forgetting this isn't the UEFA Cup, it's the Conference/Disney one.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Confidence, I like that ADS. I wonder if some are forgetting this isn't the UEFA Cup, it's the Conference/Disney one.
    Tbh my biggest fear is that if we reach the latter stages of the tournament how will that impact our chances of securing the league title? Too confident?

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)