+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirchner signs on

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    In the pub at 8am - are you Swale in disguise?

My Winviz has fallen from 80% to 20% on the announcement which is a big positive, but there's many a slip. What a splendid radio show that was, although I hated my music round.
    Using MAs naming convention, I am in Rodos, Hellas although I guess 10am is a bit early for some tastes. I haven’t called the bar owner an idiot or a racist yet so guess I’m staying the right side of the Swaleometer

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Using MAs naming convention, I am in Rodos, Hellas although I guess 10am is a bit early for some tastes. I haven’t called the bar owner an idiot or a racist yet so guess I’m staying the right side of the Swaleometer
    Good to see that not all my posts are in vain

Thus on that basis I am in Mearþsǣthām in Suthrig, Westsæɑksnɑ ˈritʃe

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Thus on that basis I am in Mearþsǣthām in Suthrig, Westsæɑksnɑ ˈritʃe
    How's Bilbo?

Still would have preferred Ashley

The money generated from the sports direct sponsor would have bbe massive

Having read the detail, I'm not that sure we are any further along. In simple transactions like house buying, exchanging contracts place significant legal obligations on buyer and seller that mean the transaction is as good as 100% certain to be completed - I've never known one to not do. What we have here though looks like a 'conditional sale' where completion is only obligated where all conditions are satisfied, and I've know many of them to fall away. Sounds to me like there are still two significant flies in the CK may well have only done what he's done 'in good faith' with his intention to bankroll the club in the short term being his only real commitment.

I still smell something mouldy in the cupboard, lets hope not

I think its been done like this because they werent getting away with another extension and Kirchner was dogs abuse, not to mention Morris getting threats and also people threatening to raid his home etc

I still have doubts we’re gonna be saved at all, I have this sneaking suspicion theyre letting this club go to the wolves and Chelsea are another thats being strung along whilst they milk it as well

As for the detail no we arent any further along

A lot last night were celebrating over absolutely nothing ffs

These rich scumbags know how to play the system and drag things on with fancy jargon

How hard is it to sell a football club?... its ridiculous at this point

Im waitingnfor the bomb to go off

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post

How hard is it to sell a football club?... its ridiculous at this point
    Anything, be that a house, a car, a rare Northern Soul 45, any business.... they are only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

Take DCFC as a case in point. League 1 bound. Doesn't own the stadium. Doesn't own the Training Ground. Only has 3 players registered for next season at the moment. There are 2 more on which the club has options for next season but the EFL won't allow the club to trigger those options. Went into Administration in September with debts of around £65M. That debt has risen since. Operating losses of a few million to add on. Plus another £8M to add to the £26M already owed to HMRC. Find someone a) willing to pay millions for what really is a basket case of a business b) someone willing to pay enough to avoid a 15 point penalty for not paying creditors at least the 25% minimum demanded under EFL rules c) get the stadium sorted, either bought or leased d) someone that passes the EFL fit and proper test e) can prove they have the funds to transact the business plan f) have that business plan accepted by the EFL g, h and further.... other things I am unaware of.

All of this done in a climate where MM has received threats of violence and death threats. In a climate where a few choice tossers have been verbally abusing the man trying to buy the club. Slating him for visiting Bangkok on other business, part of which was attending a golf tournament his company slync.io was sponsoring ........... we're lucky he hasn't pulled out.

The above is just part of "how hard it is to sell a football club".

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Anything, be that a house, a car, a rare Northern Soul 45, any business.... they are only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

Take DCFC as a case in point. League 1 bound. Doesn't own the stadium. Doesn't own the Training Ground. Only has 3 players registered for next season at the moment. There are 2 more on which the club has options for next season but the EFL won't allow the club to trigger those options. Went into Administration in September with debts of around £65M. That debt has risen since. Operating losses of a few million to add on. Plus another £8M to add to the £26M already owed to HMRC. Find someone a) willing to pay millions for what really is a basket case of a business b) someone willing to pay enough to avoid a 15 point penalty for not paying creditors at least the 25% minimum demanded under EFL rules c) get the stadium sorted, either bought or leased d) someone that passes the EFL fit and proper test e) can prove they have the funds to transact the business plan f) have that business plan accepted by the EFL g, h and further.... other things I am unaware of.

All of this done in a climate where MM has received threats of violence and death threats. In a climate where a few choice tossers have been verbally abusing the man trying to buy the club. Slating him for visiting Bangkok on other business, part of which was attending a golf tournament his company slync.io was sponsoring ........... we're lucky he hasn't pulled out.

The above is just part of "how hard it is to sell a football club".
    Blimey, MA. You’re usually my (forum) source of common sense and optimism. Not doubting the common sense and don’t doubt you’re right...but that’s the most depressing post for a while. Lighten up or the razor blades and Leonard Cohen CD’s will have to be put into storage.

At least we don’t have the sort of fan who appeared to head butt Billy Sharp senseless last night. Not a typical Forest fan I know, but I hope a lifetime ban and a lengthy jail sentence beckons. Unbelievable!

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)