+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirchner signs on

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Blimey, MA. You’re usually my (forum) source of common sense and optimism. Not doubting the common sense and don’t doubt you’re right...but that’s the most depressing post for a while. Lighten up or the razor blades and Leonard Cohen CD’s will have to be put into storage.
    Lets keep some sense of realism here rA, our current plight pales into insignificance compared to such lyrics as ‘I went to see my mother she was slaughtering a lamb’

Blimey, MA. You’re usually my (forum) source of common sense and optimism. Not doubting the common sense and don’t doubt you’re right...but that’s the most depressing post for a while. Lighten up or the razor blades and Leonard Cohen CD’s will have to be put into storage.

At least we don’t have the sort of fan who appeared to head butt Billy Sharp senseless last night. Not a typical Forest fan I know, but I hope a lifetime ban and a lengthy jail sentence beckons. Unbelievable!
    Seriously though MA is right, that’s why my fantasy comment about buying the ground was serious but I wouldn’t go near the club (or any club). The business case for buying then leasing a piece of real estate is fairly clear, that for running a football club (any club) is utter madness, even forgetting The millstone round Derby’s neck

At least we don’t have the sort of fan who appeared to head butt Billy Sharp senseless last night. Not a typical Forest fan I know, but I hope a lifetime ban and a lengthy jail sentence beckons. Unbelievable!
    MA's post sums up the reality of the complexities involved succinctly and. as he says, that's just part of it. Anyone thinking otherwise is not just optimistic but in la-la-land! This is why Quantuma have the fees they do (albeit they have gone down a couple of blind alleys as well) - having to find someone prepared to adopt all this risk and then negotiate through a minefield to (hopefully) get the result we want.

As for DCFCA quoted comment, well I just despair at the intellect of some of our fans, and their grasp on reality

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Lets keep some sense of realism here rA, our current plight pales into insignificance compared to such lyrics as ‘I went to see my mother she was slaughtering a lamb’
    I think you've butchered those lyrics, Andy

Just explaining to the lad what is so hard about selling a club in 5h1t street. Now he knows the facts he might (although I doubt it) think twice (once would be a bonus) before posting his usual utter drivel. Once an educator, always an educator.

With regard to the Red Dog eejit last night. Despite my dislike of Mr Sharp, the attack was well out of order and saw him needing stitches. Shouldn't have happened. I have been reading a few bits online on the attack and possible repercussions. Folk saying they hope the FA give the Dogs a few "behind closed doors" games. Last night's match was under the auspices of the EFL so, if they promote, nothing will happen to them. Also been reading that the perpetrator is a 31 year old Red Dog with no priors and those with experience in this field reckon he can't get more than 4 months. Of course other Dogs are saying the bloke's a Blades fan..... ho hum. Police have confirmed he is a Dog.

You'll be pleased to know I have absolutely zero Leonard Cohen tracks in the house or elsewhere so depression is unlikely to set in

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Andy, I think the following lyrics might make more sense to DCFCA.....

Baby's back, dressed in black,
    Silver buttons all down her back
    High, low, tipsy toe,
    She broke a needle and she can't sew
    Walkin' the dog,
    Just walkin' the dog
    If you don't know how to do it,
    I'll show you how to walk te dog
    Asked a fellow for fif**** cents,
    See the fellow he jumped the fence
    Jumped so high he touched the sky,
    Never got back till the fourth of July
    Walkin' the dog,
    Just walkin' the dog
    If you don't know how to do it,
    I'll show you how to walk the dog
    Come on now, come on, come on
    Mary, Mary, quite contrary
    Tell me, how does your garden grow?
    You got silver bells and you got cockleshells
    Pretty maids all in a row
    Walking the dog
    Just a walkin' the dog
    If you don't know how to do it
    Show you how to walk the dog
    Come on now, come on, come on
    Oh oh, just a, just a, just a walkin'
    Just a, just a, just a walkin'
    Just a, just a, just a walkin'
    Oh yeah, if you don't know how to do it
    I'll show you how to walk the dog, oh
    Just a, just a, just a, just a, just a, just a walkin'
    Just a, just a, just a, just a, just a, just a walkin', oh

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Just explaining to the lad what is so hard about selling a club in 5h1t street. Now he knows the facts he might (although I doubt it) think twice (once would be a bonus) before posting his usual utter drivel. Once an educator, always an educator.

With regard to the Red Dog eejit last night. Despite my dislike of Mr Sharp, the attack was well out of order and saw him needing stitches. Shouldn't have happened. I have been reading a few bits online on the attack and possible repercussions. Folk saying they hope the FA give the Dogs a few "behind closed doors" games. Last night's match was under the auspices of the EFL so, if they promote, nothing will happen to them. Also been reading that the perpetrator is a 31 year old Red Dog with no priors and those with experience in this field reckon he can't get more than 4 months. Of course other Dogs are saying the bloke's a Blades fan..... ho hum. Police have confirmed he is a Dog.

You'll be pleased to know I have absolutely zero Leonard Cohen tracks in the house or elsewhere so depression is unlikely to set in
    Of course...my comment was tongue in cheek, although you did reinforce the depressing realities.

Unlike you I think I have more or less the complete works of Leonard so we’ll not dwell on that one.

I honestly don’t think Forest should be penalised for the actions of one moron. A lifetime ban and an example set would be most appropriate imo. Unfortunately pitch invasions seem to be becoming more common. It’s a habit that needs nipping in the bud before somebody calls for fences again...as we all know what that leads to.

We all have them RA. We had a Leicester fan attack Davies in the FA cup(he's braver than me, he's a monster)
    Perhaps you forgot this plank from your side of the fence?

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football...70/story.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    We all have them RA. We had a Leicester fan attack Davies in the FA cup(he's braver than me, he's a monster)
    Perhaps you forgot this plank from your side of the fence?

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football...70/story.shtml
    Banned. We all have them. Hopefully both our clubs have found ours and that's the end of it.

Blimey, MA. You’re usually my (forum) source of common sense and optimism.
    Spare the rod, spoil the child

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)