In answer to the above...
1) Yes Morris was a successful businessman...but no one can accuse him of lack of signings or investment or expectation of failure...quite the reverse. He/his advisors spent a fortune, made some bad decisions and then abdicated responsibility for the mess they made...imo. No comparison.

2) I haven’t at any time suggested that being a ‘big club’ (historically and fan base wise) offers any sort of guarantee. That’s not the point.
I certainly don’t think it’s going to be a ‘cakewalk’ either...far from it, but my point was that the likes of Kirchner and Rooney are unlikely to identify themselves with a no hope club that hasn’t got a ‘pot to **** in’.
I do like your reference to the ‘3rd Division’, GP...makes much more sense.

3) I still have certain concerns, but share Swale’s view of Kirchner and the EFL and unless there is such a ruling as Swale refers to then hopefully a degree of optimism is surely not unreasonable.
Again, where is the evidence of EFL constraints - that’s not what them requesting a satisfactory business plan is about - and why would Kirchner and Rooney commit to a club they thought had no future?

Assuming we can get the stadium problem sorted and soon be allowed to start rebuilding my expectations are that next season will see us as contenders for the playoffs at least and that we won’t spend more than two seasons in ‘Division 3’/League One. Don’t think that’s unrealistic.