+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirchner signs on

In answer to the above...
    1) Yes Morris was a successful businessman...but no one can accuse him of lack of signings or investment or expectation of failure...quite the reverse. He/his advisors spent a fortune, made some bad decisions and then abdicated responsibility for the mess they made...imo. No comparison.

2) I haven’t at any time suggested that being a ‘big club’ (historically and fan base wise) offers any sort of guarantee. That’s not the point.
    I certainly don’t think it’s going to be a ‘cakewalk’ either...far from it, but my point was that the likes of Kirchner and Rooney are unlikely to identify themselves with a no hope club that hasn’t got a ‘pot to **** in’.
    I do like your reference to the ‘3rd Division’, GP...makes much more sense.

3) I still have certain concerns, but share Swale’s view of Kirchner and the EFL and unless there is such a ruling as Swale refers to then hopefully a degree of optimism is surely not unreasonable.
    Again, where is the evidence of EFL constraints - that’s not what them requesting a satisfactory business plan is about - and why would Kirchner and Rooney commit to a club they thought had no future?

Assuming we can get the stadium problem sorted and soon be allowed to start rebuilding my expectations are that next season will see us as contenders for the playoffs at least and that we won’t spend more than two seasons in ‘Division 3’/League One. Don’t think that’s unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Assuming we can get the stadium problem sorted and soon be allowed to start rebuilding my expectations are that next season will see us as contenders for the playoffs at least and that we won’t spend more than two seasons in ‘Division 3’/League One. Don’t think that’s unrealistic.
    I don't share the expectation, but respect and admire the positivity!
    I don't have any expectation, purely because I don't know how we're going to look in terms of squad come the 1st fixture.
    I also, still have doubts over Rooney's managerial capability. I know that will seem harsh to many, but next season he will need a new tactic to the "us against the world" togetherness he has harnessed to date. It might work in a certain relegation scenario, but it won't work in division 3, especially if looking to climb. The performances at the end of the previous season, where he had a decent enough set of players, were not acceptable, even under the difficult circumstances, and could (had Weds not had a deduction) have seen us go through last seasons hell in the 3rd division. I'm hoping he learns quickly, and won't be on his back if it doesn't go right from the start, but he's got a tough job managing everyone's expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Why are you expecting the EFL to lay further sanctions on us MA? Once a new owner buys the club and we are free of administration, then provided that buy out is in line with the EFL requirements there are no further sanctions.

The only curb I am aware of, unless you know better, is that CK has had to get the EFL to approve business plan going forward which demonstrates how the club's finances will be managed in order to comply with the FFP rules.

There was a salary cap introduced for league 1, but that was removed so that isn't an issue.

So unless there is some obscure ruling your aware of, there is no issue about salary, loan or transfer fees, as long as expenditure and income are within EFL FFP rules.
    I may be wrong Swale but I've always been under the impression that clubs exiting admin have some kind of limitations in the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I may be wrong Swale but I've always been under the impression that clubs exiting admin have some kind of limitations in the first season.
    I'm fairly certain that the only constraints are compliance with the Business plan which has been submitted to the EFL as part of the takeover approval. And that is to ensure that as far as possible the club going forward is run in compliance with FFP rules.

I can't see why new owners would ahve additional constraints other than FFP. The only other sanction would be if the take over did not meet the EFL rule on paying creditors, but this seems to have been met.

Of course we still have to see the takeover completed before we can see the future.

I'm also in agreement on Rooney, the forthcoming season will test his ability as a manager, he will presumably have abudget comparable with the top 10 league 1 clubs, so no excuses for not being in the top 10 at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    I don't share the expectation, but respect and admire the positivity!
    I don't have any expectation, purely because I don't know how we're going to look in terms of squad come the 1st fixture.
    I also, still have doubts over Rooney's managerial capability. I know that will seem harsh to many, but next season he will need a new tactic to the "us against the world" togetherness he has harnessed to date. It might work in a certain relegation scenario, but it won't work in division 3, especially if looking to climb. The performances at the end of the previous season, where he had a decent enough set of players, were not acceptable, even under the difficult circumstances, and could (had Weds not had a deduction) have seen us go through last seasons hell in the 3rd division. I'm hoping he learns quickly, and won't be on his back if it doesn't go right from the start, but he's got a tough job managing everyone's expectations.
    I accept that Rooney still has things to prove, Ramshank...but I don’t see the point of going back to judge him on the first few months of his managerial career when we’ve now had the evidence of a whole season to judge him on.
    I agree he has a ‘tough job managing everyone’s expectations’ but, imo, the attraction of playing for Rooney at Pride Park along with the benefit of his contacts will be hugely beneficial for us.
    Of course there is some degree of it working both ways and some clubs will be highly motivated by the possibility by putting one over on ‘Rooney’s Rams’ in front of 25k fans at a stadium such as ours (hopefully), but good teams and good managers use that to their advantage.

I thought it fairer to judge him on his survival season, rather than the relegation one
    Joking aside, I hope you're right and he is important right now in making us an attractive prospect, I just have concerns longer term and hope he learns fast.

Deal done according to this Tweet. All fully finished next Tuesday.

Name:  CK over the line.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  18.2 KB

Imminent again?

We will be officially closing on Tuesday? I hope that doesnt mean what it literally says

More positive news, hopefully we can look forward to a season of football without the external circus!

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)