+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play Off Odds

Play Off Odds

Wrexham 11/10
    Solihull 3/1
    Notts 6/1
    Chesterfield & Grimsby10/1
    Halifax 16/1

How Halifax can be 16/1 is beyond me. On form they batter Cheaterfield and then it is a one off game away at Solihull, which they probably lose, but even so.

Can't have Wrexham at such a short price personally, so much can happen in the Play Offs and they go into them off the back of a massive low, even if they do win the FA Trophy

I would have us about right. Whilst we might prefer the other side of the draw, Wrexham will not be thrilled at the prospect of playing us either.

Quote Originally Posted by JonahBabb14 View Post
    Wrexham 11/10
    Solihull 3/1
    Notts 6/1
    Chesterfield & Grimsby10/1
    Halifax 16/1

How Halifax can be 16/1 is beyond me. On form they batter Cheaterfield and then it is a one off game away at Solihull, which they probably lose, but even so.

Can't have Wrexham at such a short price personally, so much can happen in the Play Offs and they go into them off the back of a massive low, even if they do win the FA Trophy

I would have us about right. Whilst we might prefer the other side of the draw, Wrexham will not be thrilled at the prospect of playing us either.
    The odds are generally determined by the market and who is putting money on it.

If there were rhyme and reason to it, with Wrexham having such short odds, both Notts and Grimsby would have longer odds than Halifax

I agree about Halifax. I think the issue is their away form, but still it seems very generous.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I agree about Halifax. I think the issue is their away form, but still it seems very generous.
    Maybe they factored in the chances of two different clubs beginning with the letters H and A winning the play off final two years in a row. That would make about as much sense as these Halifax odds apparently based on their 2021/22 campaign alone.
    Baffling.

Halifax go into the play-off's in pretty poor form and with quite a few key injuries. I know this won't be popular but Ardley will never have a better chance of getting a club promoted from non-league than he will this season . . . oh, hang on a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Maybe they factored in the chances of two different clubs beginning with the letters H and A winning the play off final two years in a row. That would make about as much sense as these Halifax odds apparently based on their 2021/22 campaign alone.
    Baffling.
    Halifax would make it 3 clubs. Time to lump on

19/20 - Harrogate
    20/21 - Hartlepool
    21/22 - Halifax

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post

19/20 - Harrogate
    20/21 - Hartlepool
    21/22 - Halifax

19/20 - Harrogate
    20/21 - Hartlepool
    21/22 - Hardley

Thank god Havant & Waterlooville aren't coming up from the NL South then. That would have been one promotion place taken for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post

19/20 - Harrogate
    20/21 - Hartlepool
    21/22 - Halifax

Keep your money in your pocket. I remember in 2010 the talk was Everton to win the Premier League. Why? Because since they won the top league title in 1890/91, they’d won it every 24 years – 1890/91, 1914/15, 1938/39, 1962/63 and 1986/87. So, they were nailed on for 2010/11. What happened? They came 7th!

The Play-offs will be won this season by a team beginning with "N", or is it "W" Well by a team owned by two foreign gents anyway.

19/20 - Harrogate
    20/21 - Hartlepool
    21/22 - Harmy [Black 'n White]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast