+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hibs game

Hibs game

i will be at the game tonight, wont be surprised if its the lowest crowd of the season, and doubt if Hibs will bring a good support.
    totally scunnered with this season, and glad its the last home game, five wins out of thirty-six games so far, will be glad when its all over.

Just hope for once in his tenure at Dens that Nelms has been busy regarding a new manager for next season, and a
    announcement will be made after the game on Sunday.
    A new manager needs to be in place before we try to sell season tickets, as long as its not MARK MCGHEE!

Be interesting to see how many of the bogof tickets are used tonight.

Certainly more interesting than the ramblings from the man in the dugout,and the inevitable stadium update from the man that can't pick a manager

It will be interesting to see if club announce the full number of tickets sold for tonight’s game including season ticket holders or they will actually count the number of people going through the turnstiles.
    I cannot see many Hibs supporters turning up for tonight’s game as the season is over for them.

They will announce tickets sold

I suspect that the number of tickets sold plus any PATD will be the official attendance so it might be quite close to the St J figure.
    the actual numbe in the ground might be something quite different. Bobby Cox and SE are fairly easy to take a pic and count the numbers im. Not so easy with the Main Stand.

Hope there is some effort made to actually count those who attend.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I suspect that the number of tickets sold plus any PATD will be the official attendance so it might be quite close to the St J figure.
    the actual numbe in the ground might be something quite different. Bobby Cox and SE are fairly easy to take a pic and count the numbers im. Not so easy with the Main Stand.

Hope there is some effort made to actually count those who attend.
    The official attendance announced during the second half of tonight’s game was 5,452 with 369 Hibs fans at the game.
    This means that there 5,083 Dundee supporters in the home stands. Sitting in the Main Stand at tonight’s game it looked like there was about 3,000 people in the home stands. The section of the Main Stand I sit in had fewer people sitting in it than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    It will be interesting to see if club announce the full number of tickets sold for tonight’s game including season ticket holders or they will actually count the number of people going through the turnstiles.
    I cannot see many Hibs supporters turning up for tonight’s game as the season is over for them.
    Haven’t done it for years, why would they start last night? By the way there were definitely more than 3,000 home supporters. And atmosphere was much better also.

Crowd was better than I thought it would be, I went in five minutes before kick off and had to queue , thought we had signed a new player!

Pleasant surprise with the performance, and Mulligans goal should have stood, unlucky not to have scored more, but what a goal from Charlie,
    Probably his last game and a great goal to finish it off.
    Even if the Fermers lose tonight, think Livi are too good for us , especially with that plastic pitch.

Sorry Islay. I thought that there was more than 3000 Dees in the ground. They created a brilliant atmosphere and when Charlie scored it was the best moment of the night.
    SOUTH ENCLOSURE SECTION or whatever they call themselves were brilliant. I hope the club finds ways to boost their presence. Not impressed with the smoke bomb or whatever it was but loved the drum and the flags and the songs.
    Think they will get even better and I'd like to see some club based PR generated to encourage them.

The difference in atmosphere from the previous game when Charlie was subbed early and this game when he came on late was the match winning decision from McGhee imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Sorry Islay. I thought that there was more than 3000 Dees in the ground. They created a brilliant atmosphere and when Charlie scored it was the best moment of the night.
    SOUTH ENCLOSURE SECTION or whatever they call themselves were brilliant. I hope the club finds ways to boost their presence. Not impressed with the smoke bomb or whatever it was but loved the drum and the flags and the songs.
    Think they will get even better and I'd like to see some club based PR generated to encourage them.

The difference in atmosphere from the previous game when Charlie was subbed early and this game when he came on late was the match winning decision from McGhee imo.
    Sitting in the Main Stand the South Enclosure looked emptier than usual and the Bobby Cox also looked emptier than usual. There certainly weren’t as many Dundee supporters in Sandeman Street and walking up Provost Road after the end of the game.
    The atmosphere was certainly a lot better than usual thanks to the continual support from the young fans in the South East section of the South Enclosure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)