+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    If you read what I put again, you'd actually see that I was saying that it was an incentive to "come out". You know full well he'll be on adverts now and get endorsements. I bet one of the "big 6" will also now be linked to signing him for PR. It's the way the world works and fair play to him if he can milk it. The fact that it's news is just sad, it doesn't matter about your ***ual orientation, the fact that it's being made a massive thing shows how far as a society we have to go
    Troy Deeney made this exact point when discussing the issue with Louix Theroux around 18 months ago, that the player to come out first would do very well for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    BFP you are just another arrogant patronising lefty. Expect no different from you. You obviously read all of my posts knowing I am not of the same political bent as you, and being from the 'caring left' you cannot accept another viewpoint. I am glad you think I talk rubbish on a wide variety of issues as different opinions are good and allowed in a healthy society.
    Of course he will get abuse from some, now, that he would not have before. We do not live in a perfect society and sadly there will always be ***ist, racists and lots of other 'ists'.
    It’s patronising to point out that you contradicted yourself in your own post? Ok.

I think the people in this thread who’ve speculated that Jake Daniels has done this for the money should probably not judge others by their own standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    If you read what I put again, you'd actually see that I was saying that it was an incentive to "come out". You know full well he'll be on adverts now and get endorsements. I bet one of the "big 6" will also now be linked to signing him for PR. It's the way the world works and fair play to him if he can milk it. The fact that it's news is just sad, it doesn't matter about your ***ual orientation, the fact that it's being made a massive thing shows how far as a society we have to go
    What a load of nonsense that his reason for coming out was the incentive that he'll 'do very well for himself' out of it. That the big six will want to sign him for PR cause he's gay is also a load of crap, he'll do well if he's good, if not he'll be a lower league player. Try again on both those points. I agree it's sad that someone coming out is news but that's the macho nonsense around football and male society in general as alot of posts on this thread have proven. Apparently he's not come out cause he's proud of who he is and why hide it, it's so he can make loads of money and sign for the big six. Please behave.

I'm not posting again on this thread, it's a load of nonsense ranging from he shouldn't have done it, to he's done it for the financial incentive, to he's done it to be linked or signed by the big six. All of which fail to appreciate that he's done it cause he's proud of who he is, wants others to come out if they want and probably as I've stated numerous times to stop the inevitable questions about getting a girlfriend etc at training and in the changing rooms. Have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I'm not posting again on this thread, it's a load of nonsense ranging from he shouldn't have done it, to he's done it for the financial incentive, to he's done it to be linked or signed by the big six. All of which fail to appreciate that he's done it cause he's proud of who he is, wants others to come out if they want and probably as I've stated numerous times to stop the inevitable questions about getting a girlfriend etc at training and in the changing rooms. Have at it.
    It's nonsense, it's disappointing to read but it should be fully expected CF on NCM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    What a load of nonsense that his reason for coming out was the incentive that he'll 'do very well for himself' out of it. That the big six will want to sign him for PR cause he's gay is also a load of crap, he'll do well if he's good, if not he'll be a lower league player. Try again on both those points. I agree it's sad that someone coming out is news but that's the macho nonsense around football and male society in general as alot of posts on this thread have proven. Apparently he's not come out cause he's proud of who he is and why hide it, it's so he can make loads of money and sign for the big six. Please behave.
    Jesus, reading comprehension in here must be at an all time low. I did not say he did it for money, I said that he can be expecting a tidy windfall through coming out, it is massively different. He has his own reasons for doing it, but he will likely make a tidy some by being the first. There will also be a clamour by the PR departments for signing him as it will look good, there was a fantastic article about how certain clubs don't just sign players for their ability but also their commercial aspect, having the first openly gay player for a while will certainly tick that box. I've seen you're not commenting on this topic any more, it probably for the best as you lack the intellectual ability to keep up

Nobody has said that he's done it for the money, have they? I don't want to speak on anybody else's behalf but I think the general point being made is that there's nothing particularly brave or heroic about coming out in the British entertainment industry in 2022. The fact that he's likely to benefit - both financially and in his career as a result of going full public - backing up that very point.

If it were the case that it really was a brave thing to do, he'd be potentially jeopardizing his career and facing widespread condemnation from large sections of the media, the game itself and the general public. That's not going to happen.

We'll have to see where he goes with this before judging his motives. Fair play to Daniels if he does decide to take this further and puts his head above the parapet by drawing direct attention to the communities and nations where gay people are living in genuine fear and danger to the point of being ostracised by family or facing a death sentence. That would be brave and heroic.

I know people don't like having cold water poured on their opportunity to virtue signal, but for god's sake let's have some proper perspective.

I've never linked or ever heard a football club in the Championship being referred to as British Entertainment Industry.

I'd suggest there is a quite a difference in terms of bravery required and in terms of actual numbers. Between Fashanu (1990) and Daniels (2022) how many active players have made brave or really not brave decision?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I've never linked or ever heard a football club in the Championship being referred to as British Entertainment Industry.

I'd suggest there is a quite a difference in terms of bravery required and in terms of actual numbers. Between Fashanu (1990) and Daniels (2022) how many active players have made brave or really not brave decision?
    So you've never heard football fans say "we're in the entertainment industry" when demanding more attractive attacking football, OK.

I qualify "British" because I'm assuming there would be a very different reaction if it was a player coming out in say Turkey.

Is it only "brave" if you come out to the nation and "not brave" if you only come out to people who are relevant to your life? like most people do.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast