+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tavernier and Evans

Tavernier and Evans

Interesting start to this article about Tavernier with an anecdote from Steve Evans:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60919626

He was great for us and I’m happy he’s gone on to have a good career but it has to be remembered that he basically plays in a very poor standard league where he will undoubtedly stand out he could test himself down here at least to Championship level as for example the likes of Ajayi Vaulks and Crooks have

Standard was higher then when he was in that side that got us up to the championship. He'd have coped in the championship no problem.

I always thought he was better in midfield for us

Well done Evans and if Tavs is happy there then he’s made the right choice for himself, good on him

Not like Steve Evans to try to take some credit for someone else's achievements.

I think Tavs has let himself down by not testing himself at a better level and continuing to play in scotland, it's a waste of a good player and he'll never know how good he could have been. UTM

He's playing in a European Cup final tomorrow that, if he wins, will mean he plays in the Champions League next season. I think he will be fairly happy with his decision...

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    Interesting start to this article about Tavernier with an anecdote from Steve Evans:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60919626
    Only thing that surprised me was him struggling to get a game at Wigan the season after we were promoted, he’d been awesome for us!!

He’s had a brilliant career up there though, he’ll go down a legend at a really big club tbf!!

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    He's playing in a European Cup final tomorrow that, if he wins, will mean he plays in the Champions League next season. I think he will be fairly happy with his decision...
    I see where you're coming from MT but Scotland is a poor league to be playing in with the potential he had, plus Rangers did play in the champions league last season but in the early qualifying rounds, and got knocked out by Malmo before the champions league qualifying group stages started, thus going into the Europa competition. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I think Tavs has let himself down by not testing himself at a better level and continuing to play in scotland, it's a waste of a good player and he'll never know how good he could have been. UTM
    What offers has he had to play at a higher level ?

Footballers are criticised all the time for not showing any loyalty.

Stay at a club and they let themselves down for not testing themselves.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast