+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leigh Curtis to Derby

Leigh Curtis to Derby

Leigh Curtis has decided to end his tenure as Notts writer.

Leigh Curtis
    @LeighCurtis_NP
    So after seven years of covering Notts, my time is coming to an end after accepting an offer to become the new Derby County writer. It's been a privilege to have covered the world's oldest professional club for the last seven years.
    12:20 PM · May 17, 2022·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/LeighCurtis_NP/s...23020562554880

Let's be honest, he's been checked out of the gig for some time now. Very few articles on "Notts County Live" which actually add anything further than something coming out of the club anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Let's be honest, he's been checked out of the gig for some time now. Very few articles on "Notts County Live" which actually add anything further than something coming out of the club anyway
    The NEP has no interest in Notts and I don't think it would be an exaggeration to suggest they would be happy to see us fall further so that they don't have to bother with us at all, seeing that there isn't a Notts County link, how far they bury Notts news stories and that they deemed an uninformed grad-A ar$e hole criticizing the Sirrel statue's right to exist as their star letter of the week.

Radio Nottm I can't fault for how they've stuck with us and is now the only justification for me paying a licence fee, even though I don't need one for radio.

I'm sure there's plenty of Fworders who only bother with the NEP for the football, as I once did. but there can't be many Notts fans who still bother to read it at all now unless they have a keen interest in local news or don't have access to the internet. Gedling Eye is a far superior website and I'm not just saying that, it really is.

Best wishes to Curtis who did a decent job on the whole for what must have been the most pitiful levels of job satisfaction for any Notts correspondent in the history of that publication. My only gripe with him would be his protracted defence of the Trews, who he'd been pally with beforehand and I think that's why he got the job in the first place, so understandable but he was compromised in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The NEP has no interest in Notts and I don't think it would be an exaggeration to suggest they would be happy to see us fall further so that they don't have to bother with us at all, seeing that there isn't a Notts County link, how far they bury Notts news stories and that they deemed an uninformed grad-A ar$e hole criticizing the Sirrel statue's right to exist as their star letter of the week.

Radio Nottm I can't fault for how they've stuck with us and is now the only justification for me paying a licence fee, even though I don't need one for radio.

I'm sure there's plenty of Fworders who only bother with the NEP for the football, as I once did. but there can't be many Notts fans who still bother to read it at all now unless they have a keen interest in local news or don't have access to the internet. Gedling Eye is a far superior website and I'm not just saying that, it really is.

Best wishes to Curtis who did a decent job on the whole for what must have been the most pitiful levels of job satisfaction for any Notts correspondent in the history of that publication. My only gripe with him would be his protracted defence of the Trews, who he'd been pally with beforehand and I think that's why he got the job in the first place, so understandable but he was compromised in that respect.
    There is a Notts link on the RedRag. Click on "More", then "Sport" to get to the Notts page.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    There is a Notts link on the RedRag. Click on "More", then "Sport" to get to the Notts page.
    I don't see "more" because I have JavaScript off for that site, otherwise it's a complete mess of ad intrusions.
    Clicking on "sport", I have to scroll down past no less than 16 Fword links and stories until I get to anything to do with Notts.

I haven't read anything by him for ages. It was always just a written version of whatever was in the pre/post match interviews. A junior school kid could probably do the same job.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I don't see "more" because I have JavaScript off for that site, otherwise it's a complete mess of ad intrusions.
    Clicking on "sport", I have to scroll down past no less than 16 Fword links and stories until I get to anything to do with Notts.
    I use Google and a d b l o c k er, straight in. Strange how it can vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Masson4 View Post
    Leigh Curtis has decided to end his tenure as Notts writer.

Leigh Curtis
    @LeighCurtis_NP
    So after seven years of covering Notts, my time is coming to an end after accepting an offer to become the new Derby County writer. It's been a privilege to have covered the world's oldest professional club for the last seven years.
    12:20 PM · May 17, 2022·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/LeighCurtis_NP/s...23020562554880
    Seemed a decent enough bloke, but that once proud publication is now only good enough to wrap your chips in I’m afraid.
    I expect Leigh to be replaced by a dyslexic student type judging by the grammar and pointless tweets that come from the chip wrapper nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    Seemed a decent enough bloke, but that once proud publication is now only good enough to wrap your chips in I’m afraid.
    I expect Leigh to be replaced by a dyslexic student type judging by the grammar and pointless tweets that come from the chip wrapper nowadays.
    Sad but no more greasy bags and newspaper wrappings. Chips don't seem the same nowadays. Sixpenny mix anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    The Post was always a pretty poor regional newspaper - very little content, unimaginative features, hasn’t been a launch pad for many careers at the national level (though I’m sure Paul Taylor is having fun at The Athletic).

Leigh Curtis came into his own during the summer of turmoil before the Reedtz bros arrived, getting the story on the front page. For that I’m grateful. He’ll definitely have plenty of off-the-field drama to cover at Derby, that’s for sure. Good luck to the guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast