+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost Forgotten Fantastic Goals.

Almost Forgotten Fantastic Goals.

One of my all time favourites from 1975 and still mss as Les my spine tingle watching it.

I tried so many times to recreate this one when I was a kid.

Not an Albion goal but who cares......

https://youtu.be/XnKBwYHAbE4

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    One of my all time favourites from 1975 and still mss as Les my spine tingle watching it.

I tried so many times to recreate this one when I was a kid.

Not an Albion goal but who cares......

https://youtu.be/XnKBwYHAbE4
    I remember that goal and game....I think he got goal of the season with that strike....I think.....
    Great game...great pitch....

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Great goal.

Also one by Sam Allardyce in that match😎

From a cross by Phil Thompson the ex Liverpool and England winger.

He owned a hotel in Harrogate in the 90’s where mum and dad used to stay, I met him and thought he was a bit of a c o c k to be honest and a lecherous w a n k e r towards my missus!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Great goal.

Also one by Sam Allardyce in that match��

From a cross by Phil Thompson the ex Liverpool and England winger.

He owned a hotel in Harrogate in the 90’s where mum and dad used to stay, I met him and thought he was a bit of a c o c k to be honest and a lecherous w a n k e r towards my missus!
    I think you mean Peter Thompson and not Phil Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I think you mean Peter Thompson and not Phil Thompson.
    Thanks Leics.......my bad!

Everyone remember the Frank Worthington overhead ball, turn, juggle and volley goal? Used to practice the move in the back garden as a kid and once scored a very similar goal played on a muddy pitch in a Saturday afternoon league game. Quality. Unfortunately I cannot link the video to Frank's goal but I'm sure you've all seen it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Everyone remember the Frank Worthington overhead ball, turn, juggle and volley goal? Used to practice the move in the back garden as a kid and once scored a very similar goal played on a muddy pitch in a Saturday afternoon league game. Quality. Unfortunately I cannot link the video to Frank's goal but I'm sure you've all seen it though.
    This one.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0z_arXZ8nM

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I constantly tried that in the back garden but wasn’t ever able to get close during a match.

Best I ever managed was whipping one with my right foot from left corner of penalty area into the opposite top corner from a ball played along the edge of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Aye Dubbs, that's the one.

Cheers for posting the link 😎 .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)