+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'I'm ready to tell my story'

'I'm ready to tell my story'

Blackpool's Jake Daniels on coming out as gay! I'm ready to tell my story he says!

Who gives a flying f uck! Why do these people feel its trendy to tell the world or take up knitting! Who really cares when there is a war going or people are dying of cancer!

How the club can put all this on its website defies believe in my view with school kids following football! Same as a school telling 13 year old kids its OK to be what you want to be whether that's gay or non gender - incredible!

Don't have any negative thoughts on this guy whatsoever as completely up to him, but I do dislike this being promoted as it's cool or the latest trend!

Get ready for taking the knee now to be done with rainbow laces! Joke!

I dunno Al. He’s got some b*ll*ocks coming out given his line of work.

Only one other gay footballer in the world that has come out. Only two in English football ever and the other killed himself. This is a very big thing for gay footballers feeling comfortable coming out. It’s a pretty big thing.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    I dunno Al. He’s got some b*ll*ocks coming out given his line of work.

Only one other gay footballer in the world that has come out. Only two in English football ever and the other killed himself. This is a very big thing for gay footballers feeling comfortable coming out. It’s a pretty big thing.

Coming out to family and friends Matt - I get but don’t see what he’s trying to achieve by widespread communication apart from spotlight and attention seeking! Still don’t feel why a club should splash it all over their website! Can’t see the relevance with young supporters who could feel it’s a trend!

Everyone to their own. Would it be ok though for a guy with three wives or somebody bi***ual to tell the world and for this to be equally spread in the news? I think not but surely there should be no difference and that includes a footballer to change their title to - it or they! Can’t have exceptions for some and not others!

Anyone on this forum ready to admit to being the first openly gay baggie banter poster? C'mon you know you want to, it will be a huge burden off your shoulders and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Anyone on this forum ready to admit to being the first openly gay baggie banter poster? C'mon you know you want to, it will be a huge burden off your shoulders and all that.

This happened years ago Phil when poster JohhyBigBannana told us all that he was.

Kettering has told us he went to Grammar school so that’s a pretty obvious one.

I suppose Blackpool will now have a rainbow stick of rock!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    This happened years ago Phil when poster JohhyBigBannana told us all that he was.

Kettering has told us he went to Grammar school so that’s a pretty obvious one.

I suppose Blackpool will now have a rainbow stick of rock!
    Crikey, who would have known that with a handle like JohhyBigBannana

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Coming out to family and friends Matt - I get but don’t see what he’s trying to achieve by widespread communication apart from spotlight and attention seeking! Still don’t feel why a club should splash it all over their website! Can’t see the relevance with young supporters who could feel it’s a trend!

Everyone to their own. Would it be ok though for a guy with three wives or somebody bi***ual to tell the world and for this to be equally spread in the news? I think not but surely there should be no difference and that includes a footballer to change their title to - it or they! Can’t have exceptions for some and not others!
    There’s a massive different between acceptance/support and glorifying. Blackpool are showing support for a bloke who has signed himself up for being the most abused man in English football. Which he has done because he doesn’t want to hide who he is. Credit to the bloke, he’s got guts!

Al you’re either gay, straight or bi; young people don’t just see something accepted like this and copy it. Teaching acceptance at a young age is important. Imagine your younger son/daughter came out as a ****ager and was picked at constantly, bullied and the rest. Surely you would rather people understand it and treat them like a human.

There’s a massive different between acceptance/support and glorifying. Blackpool are showing support for a bloke who has signed himself up for being the most abused man in English football. Which he has done because he doesn’t want to hide who he is. Credit to the bloke, he’s got guts!

Al you’re either gay, straight or bi; young people don’t just see something accepted like this and copy it. Teaching acceptance at a young age is important. Imagine your younger son/daughter came out as a ****ager and was picked at constantly, bullied and the rest. Surely you would rather people understand it and treat them like a human.
    I don’t really disagree with this view of things but I also don’t like this stuff being rammed down kids throats at too young an age.

My grandchildren are almost 5 and 6 and for me it’s far too young.

Two dads turn up for one kid at my granddaughters school which will bring questions at some point but 9 or 10 is plenty young enough to start all that stuff IMO.

Don’t disagree Matt with what you are saying but are you telling me a club would show the same support for someone who is bi ie a married footballer?

Acceptance is necessary but totally disagree with schools ramming it home to kids under 16 - it’s OK to be what you want to be ie gay, non gender etc. There has been a girls school in our area ramming this message home to 13 years olds and shocking in my view!! Shouldn’t they be including boys in this communication and the values of a loving marriage?

Taking the knee and Pride in my view actually takes the message backwards which is a shame but many whilst accepting don’t want it thrown in their faces. I notice a good number of black players who now stand when many take the knee! A white person who let’s say stands will get vilified and here lies the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Don’t disagree Matt with what you are saying but are you telling me a club would show the same support for someone who is bi ie a married footballer?

Acceptance is necessary but totally disagree with schools ramming it home to kids under 16 - it’s OK to be what you want to be ie gay, non gender etc. There has been a girls school in our area ramming this message home to 13 years olds and shocking in my view!! Shouldn’t they be including boys in this communication and the values of a loving marriage.
    I suppose there’s never a great age to explain to your family why you have a naked picture of Livermore in your wallet ;-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)