+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seasons over, time for the bin

Seasons over, time for the bin

Hello all,
    Im gonna start with Tam Courts here as this time last season, Mellon was heading for the exit under the excuse of the eye bleeding football on offer. This season i have not seen any better football on offer, only the end result is marginally better. However, i wanted Mellon to be given another season just to see what might have been, and im of the same mind now that i want to see TC getting a chance to improve.

Mixed emotions about those we know have left at the end of their loans, and where i think everyone sees Levitt as someone to build a team around, the same cannot be said for McNumpty and i hope i never see him in Tangerine again!

The one we know is away in Sporle, i am a tad disappointed about, but he just was not cutting it. As said elsewhere, 7 goals in 46 games is some return so there is something there!

It is though a tad worrying if rumours are correct that we are loosing 3 good keepers. Ok, Carson is as good as away by comments from Robinson, but a strange signing and subsequent loan out. Benji i have been resigned to loosing for a while, but was hopeful even with the recent rumours. Eriksson is rumoured to not be happy so off home again?

Connolly, what can i say? Have to be grateful for the role he played in steadying the ship and securing promotion, but not my favourite player and maybe already away. No need for any other defensive departures.

Cant say the same for midfield! Butcher is away according to general consensus, then there is Harkes while i accept has improved, he is still too inconsistent to take us where we need to be. Im not fussed if he stays, but not too upset if he departed. I would put McDonald in the same bracket as he is a level above, and i would love to see him have an extension to see if he can get there, but we cannot afford passengers to take thing forward. Pawlett again has struggled with injuries, and while i expect him to see out his contract, can we afford him if he doesnt get over his issues? Then there is Glass and Chalmers where the time has come to make a decision if they will actually make it? Premiership ready Hoti, bye, bye!

As we get to the front of the ship, i am not asking for anyone else to be binned her, i just want players to play where they need to be, and get people behind them that can provide a service!

We need at least, 2 Keepers, 4 midfielders and a striker! Zander Clark, Levitt, Shankland would be a good start!

Not 100% sure who's contracts were up meaning we could release without cost.

Pawlett has one year left and could change a game in the last 20 minutes if he's ever fit again, so keep.
    Clark - as above. He's shown up well in some games recently but has to be used as a squad player.
    Biamou - away
    Sporle - away
    Benji - away
    McNulty - see ya
    Harkes - offers energy but we need better if we want to progress. POY though eh.
    Butcher - would have been good CB cover but we have that anyway so thanks Terry, bye
    Levitt - probably away

So that would be 7 out before we look at fringe players like Glass and Chalmers. I think we might see one or two fringe players go out.

Who have I missed!

We need at least one keeper, 2 midfielders in as a minimum, and 2 top notch forwards. Tbh if we moved 7 out and got the 5 in I wouldn't complain. For me it's now about quality over quantity.

Although a 19 game run in Europe will test our squad depth 🧡

McDonald has gone too

Have we got anyone that might attract bids...Graham perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    ...only the end result is marginally better...
    Seriously? 9th last season and 4th with European qualification this? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Have we got anyone that might attract bids...Graham perhaps?
    Was going to post the exact same thing. I think we may well get enquiries about him. Hopefully he wants to stay and I think he will.

If Kerr Smith was worth £750k plus add ons this laddie is going to eventually net us a whole lot more than that.

So.. players we know are departing

Benji
    Sporle
    McDonald
    McNulty
    Biamou

Possibly away
    Hoti
    Levitt
    Butcher

I hoping Tony has been busy.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    So.. players we know are departing

Benji
    Sporle
    McDonald
    McNulty
    Biamou

Possibly away
    Hoti
    Levitt
    Butcher

I hoping Tony has been busy.
    Are we absolutely sure McNulty isn't coming back? Please Dundee United don't lumber us again

Butcher’s away - apparently the players don’t want him anywhere near back again.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Was going to post the exact same thing. I think we may well get enquiries about him. Hopefully he wants to stay and I think he will.

If Kerr Smith was worth £750k plus add ons this laddie is going to eventually net us a whole lot more than that.
    Absolutely Stoke. We should be offering Graham a new improved deal and getting at least another full season out of him. He's definitely a great asset who will hopefully ensure that United get weighed in with a substantial transfer fee sometime in future. But not yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)