+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seasons over, time for the bin

After 4 years in chumpionship I’d have taken another mid table finish and consolidation, after the opening day against Aberdeen id have taken just not being cut adrift by Xmas. As it was,

I think we got mid table consolidation, but due to freakish nature of league this year it came with bonus of European slot. Not United’s or courts fault everyone was so bad, while we probably maxed out to get 4th considering we basically didn’t have an attack all season.

Gives us great/unexpected opportunity to kick on.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    So confirmation of end of contract 1st teamers Benji, Sporle, McDonald, Biamou and youths Hoti, Cooney, Caves, Walker, Brown, Naglic and Lovie with loans ended for Levitt and McNumpty, but no mention of Butcher who i expect will quietly slip away.

Still speaking to Harkes, Nielson, Duffy and Finn Robson.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    After 4 years in chumpionship I’d have taken another mid table finish and consolidation, after the opening day against Aberdeen id have taken just not being cut adrift by Xmas. As it was,

I think we got mid table consolidation, but due to freakish nature of league this year it came with bonus of European slot. Not United’s or courts fault everyone was so bad, while we probably maxed out to get 4th considering we basically didn’t have an attack all season.

Gives us great/unexpected opportunity to kick on.
    I'd agree with all of that. And by the law of averages we won't have it as easy next season because it's at least likely that the Sheep and Hibs can't be as bad two seasons in a row.

Either way we've done really well to create a settled strong defence, the basis of success.
    (If we can land Zander Clark that would be a great start)

But now is the time to build on that success. Several players out since December and maybe more to go out, it's essential any players coming in have to be quality. For too long weve had plenty quantity just not enough quality. I'm sure TA has a list of targets, we need to compete on pay with Aberdeen Hearts and Hibs for at least two signings in order to land a really good creative mid and a proven striker who'll put bums on seats and excite the fans.

I know what you mean about Aberdeen and Hibs but they are both in a bit of a bad way and they could easily be crap again next season.

But, I don't care too much for them it's about what we do in the summer and having European football next season is a big plus, not just for us fans, but also in being able to attract players.

Sad to see benji go, but he deserves a move. Good to see united announcing those moving on early doors. Hopefully we’ve identified targets who we have a chance of getting in near to start of window so we can have a decent pre season

Anyone know what the official is with Butcher and Harkes?
    Last I heard Harkes was thinking about it but seen nothing on Butcher.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)