+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player Wages.

Player Wages.

I’ve heard from someone ITK that Livermore has had a large bump in his wages for the last year of his contract and he’s on £50k a week with a £1.5m added bonus if we get promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’ve heard from someone ITK that Livermore has had a large bump in his wages for the last year of his contract and he’s on £50k a week with a £1.5m added bonus if we get promoted.

There's some Harrogate Town players who run faster, tackle better, give 100% and paid £500 per week! If Livermore is on anywhere near 20K a week the club is run by a deluded moron!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    There's some Harrogate Town players who run faster, tackle better, give 100% and paid £500 per week! If Livermore is on anywhere near 20K a week the club is run by a deluded moron!
    I was discussing this with a mate of mine who goes to just about every Hartlepool home game and a lot of away games.

Not specifically about Harrogate but division 2 in particular. The discussion was around how the game is different at the lower levels but how poor the quality is. Plenty of effort, plenty of endeavour and well worth a watch, however.

How many players for example from Harrogate have been transferred out of the club for a fee in say the last 3 seasons. None, almost for sure, if not I bet it is one. Same for most clubs in that division. Why are not clubs in Division 1 or the Championship not giving opportunities to players from that division. Pretty sure it is down to the lack of individual quality.

Many clubs in league 2 get players on loan from Championship and league 2 but not too many go the other way.

Having said all that, I would repeat, well worth a watch and I almost always enjoy the games I see at Hartlepool despite the lack of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I was discussing this with a mate of mine who goes to just about every Hartlepool home game and a lot of away games.

Not specifically about Harrogate but division 2 in particular. The discussion was around how the game is different at the lower levels but how poor the quality is. Plenty of effort, plenty of endeavour and well worth a watch, however.

How many players for example from Harrogate have been transferred out of the club for a fee in say the last 3 seasons. None, almost for sure, if not I bet it is one. Same for most clubs in that division. Why are not clubs in Division 1 or the Championship not giving opportunities to players from that division. Pretty sure it is down to the lack of individual quality.

Many clubs in league 2 get players on loan from Championship and league 2 but not too many go the other way.

Having said all that, I would repeat, well worth a watch and I almost always enjoy the games I see at Hartlepool despite the lack of quality.

The games are enjoyable as the players give 100% and care for the clubs and supporters unlike some of the dross at West Brom seen this season. There will always be some players who have the quality but for one reason or other they don't get scouted or get an opportunity. Look at some past players who were brickies or labourers? There will be plenty of Lee Hughes type players out there!

You can't honestly tell me Yarm there's nobody better in League 1 or League 2 than say Livermore who can not even do the basics consistently anymore ie passing and tackling! I would take Will Keane any day of the week over Livermore!

You can't tell me if Scott Twine was playing for us this season he would have scored less goals than any of our midfielders? Diangana, Robinson and Grant don't even get their shorts dirty!

I’m probably the odd one out on here but actually when played in the right position, sitting in front of a back 4 I think Livermore is pretty good, not 50k a week good mind, Val was an idiot playing players in the wrong positions and has a huge amount to blame for the mess we are in now, as a more rounded (in many ways) manager Bruce is slowly sorting this out. As I have constantly said we are and will be nothing but a collection of parts until we get a proper number 10.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    The games are enjoyable as the players give 100% and care for the clubs and supporters unlike some of the dross at West Brom seen this season. There will always be some players who have the quality but for one reason or other they don't get scouted or get an opportunity. Look at some past players who were brickies or labourers? There will be plenty of Lee Hughes type players out there!

You can't honestly tell me Yarm there's nobody better in League 1 or League 2 than say Livermore who can not even do the basics consistently anymore ie passing and tackling! I would take Will Keane any day of the week over Livermore!

You can't tell me if Scott Twine was playing for us this season he would have scored less goals than any of our midfielders? Diangana, Robinson and Grant don't even get their shorts dirty!
    I am not disputing some decent players in the lower leagues but it isn’t just us who are not spotting them. Most sides in the Championship are looking but for whatever reason don’t take the chance very often. Could argue many, like us, don’t give youth a chance either.

To answer the specifics, yes I would take Keane over Livermore BUT somebody at the club gave him one mighty contract and I wouldn’t want Keane in addition to the likes of Livermore, Mowatt, Reach, Molumby, Sawyers. We need a clear out in midfield, so we can get someone more creative in.

I also suspect you may be right about Twine, but again someone at the club recruited the players we have, so we are stuck with them until their contracts run out as I can’t see any takers myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I am not disputing some decent players in the lower leagues but it isn’t just us who are not spotting them. Most sides in the Championship are looking but for whatever reason don’t take the chance very often. Could argue many, like us, don’t give youth a chance either.

To answer the specifics, yes I would take Keane over Livermore BUT somebody at the club gave him one mighty contract and I wouldn’t want Keane in addition to the likes of Livermore, Mowatt, Reach, Molumby, Sawyers. We need a clear out in midfield, so we can get someone more creative in.

I also suspect you may be right about Twine, but again someone at the club recruited the players we have, so we are stuck with them until their contracts run out as I can’t see any takers myself.

Totally agree! A person with a white stick has done the recruitment and agreed extended contracts to dross. There is no end in sight either! Bruce gets the job for next season with a shocking set of results and no improvement in the football so it stinks! Bruce makes himself a laughing stock by saying Reach is class - he can get a tune out of Zohore and Sawyers is a footballer he’s always admired!

I don’t mind losing matches but I do mind players who are clearly not good enough and the football being shocking. Did Bruce think Luton or Derby had better players than us and I wonder what his explanation would be to the fact both sets of players fought like tigers on a fraction of our player budget!

If Bruce goes after 3 months into the new season because of our league position/no improvement then Gourlay should offer his resignation too!! I will listen to the supporters Gourlay said - out of 100 season ticket holders how many would have wanted Bruce to stay? I bet not many!

Rewarded for failure then
    50K !!!! Premiership Wages for a water carrier
    For me Livermore would be second out of the door, just behind Bartley

If true then there is no hope

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    I’m probably the odd one out on here but actually when played in the right position, sitting in front of a back 4 I think Livermore is pretty good, not 50k a week good mind, Val was an idiot playing players in the wrong positions and has a huge amount to blame for the mess we are in now, as a more rounded (in many ways) manager Bruce is slowly sorting this out. As I have constantly said we are and will be nothing but a collection of parts until we get a proper number 10.

Got to disagree Dave!! Livermore has one good game in five and zero team spirit from him being the captain. Regardless where he plays he’s far too slow - that slow he mistimes his tackles and lunges in so to miss 8 games through red cards is shocking. As captain what does that say to the other players? Livermore can’t pass and there’s no creativity from him at all.

Big Sam sussed Livermore out and he should have gone then perhaps to a league 1 club to find his level. Bartley is another one - useless!

Robinson - Grant and Diangana all have been poor! Why we didn’t let Phillips go I will never understand as he’s always in the treatment room! Another player that was past it on our promotion season.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Day light robbery! 😳

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)