+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason Turner becomes a Notts Director

Jason Turner becomes a Notts Director

Appointed last week. Strikes me as good news for the club.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04789632/filing-history

Any particular reason why it strikes you as good news? Genuine question.

What will it achieve if he's not putting up any serious dosh

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    Any particular reason why it strikes you as good news? Genuine question.
    Yes, he's a very well respected figure in the game and appears to be very good at his job as Chief Executive. It makes sense to have him on the board for both his expertise and perhaps for his influence within football.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-05-2022 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    What will it achieve if he's not putting up any serious dosh
    Being a director of a company does not require one to be an 'investor', which in football terms should read 'money-burner' of course!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Being a director of a company does not require one to be an 'investor', which in football terms should read 'money-burner' of course!
    So it's just a title then, he'll be doing the same job as CEO, sorry good luck to him but can't see the point In it

So it's just a title then, he'll be doing the same job as CEO, sorry good luck to him but can't see the point In it
    Fair enough, somewhat more than simply a title obviously but hopefully the Reedtz boys and RM have positive reasons for it. I'm absolutely certain he doesn't want extra responsibilities just for the sake of having the extra 'title' of being a company director.

I do think it is mildly interesting that Christoffer Reedtz announced that JT would be on the board at the time of the takeover in July 2019 but he has only just been formally appointed.

I know some fans are only interested in what's happening on the pitch, which is absolutely fair enough of course but some of us also have a nerdy interest in keeping an eye on the running of the club behind the scenes too, probably due to witnessing all the terrible administration and ownership regimes which have eventually left us in non-League football.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 18-05-2022 at 12:48 AM.

Well said Swale......................An opinion, with which I completely agree.

Although I doubt it will make any practical difference to what is happening currently, being a Director allows Jason to have a formal 'vote' on matters raised at board meetings. It also makes him liable under law should any company malpractice occur (e.g VAT not being paid and company goes bust)

So I expect he has received a salary increase in lieu of these additional responsibilities

Quote Originally Posted by calmpie View Post
    Although I doubt it will make any practical difference to what is happening currently, being a Director allows Jason to have a formal 'vote' on matters raised at board meetings. It also makes him liable under law should any company malpractice occur (e.g VAT not being paid and company goes bust)

So I expect he has received a salary increase in lieu of these additional responsibilities
    In lieu?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast