+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Sharp assault

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Pitch invasions really irritate me. I can’t stand it when it happens at Rotherham.

Seeing grown men trying to get on the pitch acting like 7 year olds gets on my nerves. Especially when there are numerous warnings not to go on the pitch.
    Totally agree Shark, especially when it’s a gross fat bar steward with a Millers shirt pulled up over his head revealing a massive beer gut.

I'm afraid there's no excuse for this idiot's actions. This is the society which we live in, no respect. If people stand and fight with a Policeman, then Billy Sharp had no chance. They must make an example of him, but i fear not. The lunny left system doesn't look after the victim.
    He'll get legal aid, and a Solicitor claiming the usual reasons, mental health, abused as a child, family member serious ill, he might lose his job if jailed..etc etc.
    What really shocks me is that he got out of the ground, he was wearing yellow but did the cameras follow him after the incident??
    How many people were stood on the pitch with flares(not the trousers)? Shouldn't these be tracked down and banned from the ground?
    Where is the security at the turnstyles?
    ..............Rant over.............UTM.

I couldn’t tell from the video I saw on FB if he actually did stamp but if he did then he definitely needs charging

Oli McBurnie: Police investigating video of Sheffield United striker

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61500771

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    I'm afraid there's no excuse for this idiot's actions. This is the society which we live in, no respect. If people stand and fight with a Policeman, then Billy Sharp had no chance. They must make an example of him, but i fear not. The lunny left system doesn't look after the victim.
    He'll get legal aid, and a Solicitor claiming the usual reasons, mental health, abused as a child, family member serious ill, he might lose his job if jailed..etc etc.
    What really shocks me is that he got out of the ground, he was wearing yellow but did the cameras follow him after the incident??
    How many people were stood on the pitch with flares(not the trousers)? Shouldn't these be tracked down and banned from the ground?
    Where is the security at the turnstyles?
    ..............Rant over.............UTM.
    Like the kid in court for killing both his parents. His barrister said there were mitigating circumstances because he had recently become an orphan.

Due in magistrates court this morning charged with ABH. Read he was arrested in the early hours of yesterday morning so he would have been remanded by police for him to be in court so soon.
    Down to the courts to decide now. Should be sent to crown as magistrates can only sentence to a max of 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Due in magistrates court this morning charged with ABH. Read he was arrested in the early hours of yesterday morning so he would have been remanded by police for him to be in court so soon.
    Down to the courts to decide now. Should be sent to crown as magistrates can only sentence to a max of 6 months
    Yep, draw it out so the public forget about it and the legal people generate maximum fees

Weak sentence. Deserved longer than 24 weeks. Should have gone to crown court.

Wow I’m shocked that he’s been given a jail sentence considering some of crime sentences I’ve seen.
    He’s actually a season ticket holder which he won’t have any longer seeing that he’s got a 10 year banning order, wonder what his employer (if he has one) will think or be doing, also his family

Why’s it hard for some to grow the **** up? Seriously at 30 you should know better

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSimmons View Post
    I have tried to see the sense in this post but I really am struggling.

So agaisnt Gillingham we saw Miller fans run onto the pitch and hoist Barlaser, Harding and smudge shoulder high in scenes that will live with all as nothing other than 100 % posititive for the rest of their lives..and yet you do not see the difference between that and assaulting someone??

You say if you cannot enforce the rule don't have it then, so unless you can employ the same number of stewards as fans to make any possibility of a celebratory pitch invasion impossible you should legalise assault? Or unless you spend hours and hours going through video footage to identify tiny a guy and charge him with walking on to the pitch, saying we'll done and as the same offence as assault then make assault legal?

And findally you are upset because the media have called out a cowardly act of unprovoked violence as an act of cowardly unprovoked violence. What would you have them do? Endorse it the basis it goes on elsewhere so it's OK then.
    There was some real pond life on the pitch against Gillingham. Yes, the "positive celebrations" will live long in the memory... no doubt the Gillingham steward that got thumped by a Rotherham "fan" in the middle of the pitch will remember his day for a long time as well. Too many of the pitch invaders were clearly morons.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast