+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Sharp assault

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    There was some real pond life on the pitch against Gillingham. Yes, the "positive celebrations" will live long in the memory... no doubt the Gillingham steward that got thumped by a Rotherham "fan" in the middle of the pitch will remember his day for a long time as well. Too many of the pitch invaders were clearly morons.
    I didn’t see much trouble apart from them in middle which were down to Gills fans which was being looked into

If a steward got hit then why’s it not been mentioned by the club? Anything like that should be

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I didn’t see much trouble apart from them in middle which were down to Gills fans which was being looked into

If a steward got hit then why’s it not been mentioned by the club? Anything like that should be
    #

Did not see a steward get hit but i did see a Gillingham fan with crutches hit a 17 year old Rotherham fan . Gillingham was a police free stadium stewards are hardly going to stop 100's of fans running onto the pitch plenty of coppers at the Forest match incident could have been avoided. 24 weeks is nowhere near enough. our weak system allows idiots like this to get away with light sentences for barbaric assaults this happens in America he gets 5 years

Rotherham fans shouldn’t have been on the pitch. Adding to that, it was an away match where the home team had just been relegated. That is asking for trouble in my opinion.

Pathetic and stupid actions by the Rotherham fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Rotherham fans shouldn’t have been on the pitch. Adding to that, it was an away match where the home team had just been relegated. That is asking for trouble in my opinion.

Pathetic and stupid actions by the Rotherham fans.
    Correct but it was always going to happen especially the occasion it was

Like previously been mentioned there was no police ( only a the few which is required) and nowhere near enough stewards

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

Behave. Some of our fans were as bad as theirs.

I get the "joy of the moment" thing but when they're clearly trying to set up a presentation/promotion celebration for the players you'd think that at least our "fans" would understand and get off the pitch. Instead we had middle aged men, shirts off, bouncing around on the pitch giving the "come on" to the Gillingham idiots. Pathetic. I honestly thought they'd abandoned the celebration when they took the set up off.

I was as surprised as anyone about the attack on the steward not getting mentioned anywhere. It was over on the right (from where we looked out). The steward was trying to coax an idiot off the pitch and he lamped him. Full swing.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    #

Did not see a steward get hit but i did see a Gillingham fan with crutches hit a 17 year old Rotherham fan . Gillingham was a police free stadium stewards are hardly going to stop 100's of fans running onto the pitch plenty of coppers at the Forest match incident could have been avoided. 24 weeks is nowhere near enough. our weak system allows idiots like this to get away with light sentences for barbaric assaults this happens in America he gets 5 years
    Not sure if you mean the America I'm living in Poker but I can tell you that's not the case. I've never seen anything here dealt with as quickly and severely as that, it's unlikely it would have even got to court within 12 months if at all. Recently here two young lads, 15 and 17 were up in court for an armed robbery on a cannabis shop. Judge let them out on house arrest with ankle bracelets. A week later they cut them off and went on an armed robbery spree of at least a dozen more pot shops and jewelry shops, terrorising the workers and the public and killing one shop assiistant. Finally caught them and thankfully they were in front of a different judge this time who kept them locked up. Court case has just been set for June 2023 while the lawyers prepare their cases (i.e. line their pockets).

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post

I was as surprised as anyone about the attack on the steward not getting mentioned anywhere. It was over on the right (from where we looked out). The steward was trying to coax an idiot off the pitch and he lamped him. Full swing.
    I saw that, the cameras directed away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Not sure if you mean the America I'm living in Poker but I can tell you that's not the case. I've never seen anything here dealt with as quickly and severely as that, it's unlikely it would have even got to court within 12 months if at all. Recently here two young lads, 15 and 17 were up in court for an armed robbery on a cannabis shop. Judge let them out on house arrest with ankle bracelets. A week later they cut them off and went on an armed robbery spree of at least a dozen more pot shops and jewelry shops, terrorising the workers and the public and killing one shop assiistant. Finally caught them and thankfully they were in front of a different judge this time who kept them locked up. Court case has just been set for June 2023 while the lawyers prepare their cases (i.e. line their pockets).

Bit drastic that. Cutting ones ankles off to do an armed robbery.

What's the world coming to?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I saw that, the cameras directed away from it.
    By 'The cameras directed away from it' gf, are you saying it was picked up on camera but not mentioned and the camera went to a different place? UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yep, draw it out so the public forget about it and the legal people generate maximum fees
    Goes to show what you think you know.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-61505835

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast