+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch out, im out to catch you.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Watch out, im out to catch you.

It doesnt really matter what government is in, what i want to do is squash the genius in hindsight nonsense.

Before you go trashing, the Tories in this case, you must state clearly what YOU would do before any major decisions are made.

For instance....how you would have handled the covid business. Notice the word BEFORE.

If you get it right, bravo. You should be making a million a week.

Now watch this space.....EMPTY.

Apparently Sunak has a chest of money, i dont believe that, but if he has, its to help in the cost of living crisis.

So before anything happens....

WHAT WOULD YOU DO.

The chest of money quite clearly should be used as this crisis is causing harm to individuals which is not their fault. It’s no good telling folk to get more money by working longer hours or moving to better-paid jobs (as one Tory MP did the other day) because that decision is largely the decision of their employers, not the folk themselves. So the first thing to go is remove the 5% VAT on power bills. That is where the Treasury is getting a windfall income as prices, therefore VAT take, have doubled recently. That actually won’t start to empty the pot, it’ll just stop it filling up even more quite so quickly.

HMG expect energy companies to spend much of their windfall profits to invest in renewables but at least one power company board member has stated that they can’t; they’re going as quickly as they can already. So, a windfall tax it is then, and this will allow the Treasury to fund AT LEAST a 10% contribution to every power bill paid by individuals and companies. Straight away people have more money in their pockets, spending goes up, the price of goods and services are more affordable and we are more competitive internationally.

The Treasury also need to use some of the money to immediately take steps to ensure we are self-sufficient in more things. We need to make more fertiliser, plant more rape and wheat. Invest in agriculture, bring back incentives to household to install solar panels or heat pumps etc.

That OK for a start Frank? The Treasury don’t confide in me so I don’t know how far the pot will stretch but all of these things need to happen so it’ll have to.

Oh, and on covid, where long-existing tender processes were set aside for the sake of expediency they should have co-located a person or small team in the company receiving the money to ensure the proper use of public funds.

I would go about all government tasks as a human being, carrying out all duties such that all citizens have at least a tolerable life. The hard working geniuses would not be financially inhibited by me and the helplessly poor would never have to choose between heating and eating. Historically I would not have enabled the selling off of the electricity, gas and water companies such that they could be owned by foreign entities that have no interest in the well-being of UK citizens.

Such humane actions are not being done by the Prime Minister and his sheep. Their sense of entitlement is gargantuan. There are more than 100 cases of the law being broken at 10 Downing Street. The Prime Minister and his Cabinet are demonstrably corrupt, countless billions of pounds have disappeared and no investigations are being done. There is no attempt to even think about the well-being of the most unfortunate of UK folk. Several Conservative MPs have had to cease being MPs owing to them having committed physical offences against people. Owen Patterson MP was of course bought by a company and thus spent most of his time lobbying for that company. The response from the Prime Minister was to begin an attempt to change the law but the pressure was such that even he ceased that and Patterson had to go.

Frank has some of the traits of the Prime Minister with his attitude of deflection of the vast number of legitimate complaints about this government. "Don't look at us, look elsewhere, anywhere, what would you do ......." ad infinitum.

It is the honest person's right, indeed obligation to point out the substantial flaws, errors and corruption of this government. This government's only competence is in terms of corruption, a formidably high level of competence.

There is no defence for this government. That is why those few would-be defenders of it who are confronted by the tsunami of criticisms of the government have no answers and they simply try to avoid facing up to these matters without responding at all.

I reiterate that in a Cambridge Union formal debate on the motion "This Prime Minister and Cabinet are self-serving b*astards whose incompetence and corruption are an utter disgrace to this country" those who are witnesses defending the government would have their entire testimony ruled out because it does not address the motion. It merely seeks to deflect the question, which gets short shrift in such a situation.

As for Covid I would track the comparison data worldwide from the beginning, discover where I was going wrong and swiftly act accordingly. If the UK had the same number of Covid deaths per million of population as even the 100th country it would have had
    at least 140,000 fewer deaths thus far. That alone makes this government unfit for office.
    Last edited by _Stefan_Kuntz; 18-05-2022 at 01:21 PM.

Any measures must be designed to help the worse off.

1. Windfall tax
    2. Increase the amount earned free of tax by 20 % with a mechanism to prevent this benefitting anyone earning over say £35,000.
    3. Free presciptions for everyone in England.
    4. Nationalise the energy sector (along with public transport (except buses) and water).
    5. Cancel HS2 to invest in transport infrastructure within the northern power house.

Rees-Smug can come up with his own ideas.

He's getting no help from me.

https://centralbylines.co.uk/rees-mo...ithout-a-plan/

[QUOTE=cayambe;40042050]Any measures must be designed to help the worse off.

2. Increase the amount earned free of tax by 20 % with a mechanism to prevent this benefitting anyone earning over say £35,000.

Hmmmm... I pay enough Tax at 40p in the £1 as it is thanks & the lying current Government promised to raise the Tax thresholds in their manifesto at the last General Election and reneged on it...

All politicians are liars, hence why I do not get involved in political threads or vote.

[QUOTE=Blackdogblue;40046389]
    Quote Originally Posted by cayambe View Post
    Any measures must be designed to help the worse off.

Hmmmm... I pay enough Tax at 40p in the £1 as it is thanks & the lying current Government promised to raise the Tax thresholds in their manifesto at the last General Election and reneged on it...

All politicians are liars, hence why I do not get involved in political threads or vote.
    Some politicians are definitely liars, but I think it is harsh to say that they all are.

The UK political system is based on democracy.

Nothing will ever improve if people just bury their heads in the sand.

If you don’t vote, you have no say over who makes decisions on issues that are important (e.g taxation, education, health etc )

Look at Russia and be grateful that you live in a country that gives you the right to a meaningful vote.

Can anyone tell me what the current price is to buy a peerage, how many roubles is it?

I think it’s fair enough to ask us what we’d do. It’s Frank’s only sensible post in ages. He even got most of the spelling and grammar right.

Well done Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    I think it’s fair enough to ask us what we’d do. It’s Frank’s only sensible post in ages. He even got most of the spelling and grammar right.

Well done Frank.
    The problem is that he is boxed in a corner, just like his ex-Etonian heroes.

After 12 disastrous years in power, now totally devoid of ideas.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)