+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley make an approach for Lg One manager/coach

Wycombe lose to Sunderland in play off final, will we also speak to Gareth Ainsworth now? Surely he’s gone as far as he can with them now?

I was thinking that as well earlier when I saw they had lost, I thought has he/Ainsworth gone as far as he can now with them.
    He would be an interesting choice wun't he, I think he knows a fair bit of sh*ithousery tactics lol.
    And that could come in useful for us in Lg one. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I am not sure how you can come to that conclusion, he has done very well at Cheltenham having had a very good career as a player , because a young promising coach has done his apprenticeship in the lower leagues does not make him another Keith Hill , Hill moved to us & failed & until Duff has actually moved on to another club then he cannot be judged or compared to anyone . I would welcome him here , he knows the league & knows the players at this level , the fact that we would have to pay compensation to get him shows intent from the new look board .
    there's prob 30 40 or 50 managers/coaches that knows this league and players what we need is a manager that knows and has experience of getting out of this league thru promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    there's prob 30 40 or 50 managers/coaches that knows this league and players what we need is a manager that knows and has experience of getting out of this league thru promotion.
    Duff won the League Two championship with Cheltenham and had them last season finishing in their highest ever league position .

All done on an extremely modest budget .

There's enough there in my opinion that says he's an extremely credible fit for where we are right now as a league one club with probably not the budget we've enjoyed at this level in recent years .

I think if you look at his CV he already has a promotion & has done very well so far in his career

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Duff won the League Two championship with Cheltenham and had them last season finishing in their highest ever league position .

All done on an extremely modest budget .

There's enough there in my opinion that says he's an extremely credible fit for where we are right now as a league one club with probably not the budget we've enjoyed at this level in recent years .
    should not be a problem then for him to get Cheltenham promoted again then if he does then id be more than happy to go for him

should not be a problem then for him to get Cheltenham promoted again then if he does then id be more than happy to go for him
    As in Klopp never won the bundesliga or the champions league at Dortmund but he's won both at Liverpool and might do it again within the next 6 days .

Ok maybe theres some allegedly better and more experienced (and more expensive) options out there than Duff.
    But hes the type we should be looking for instead of a foreign nobody again. Especially one who wun't even know the difference between a Scarbrough and a Middlesbrough, or a Mansfield and a Macclesfield. 😊

The more I think about it, the more I wish we could tempt a Warnock type here, and let him go and do what he does best!.

Btw, does he/Duff have any connections with Devaney, as they've both played for Cheltenham.
    And it surprises me that we're looking at managers who are still in-work at the moment, which means we'd have to pay compo. I thought we were skint!. 😮

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Btw, does he/Duff have any connections with Devaney, as they've both played for Cheltenham.
    And it surprises me that we're looking at managers who are still in-work at the moment, which means we'd have to pay compo. I thought we were skint!. 😮
    According to the Cheltenham fans forum the compensation would be minimal because Duff hasn't signed the contract extension that was offered by their club .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast