+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley make an approach for Lg One manager/coach

Barnsley make an approach for Lg One manager/coach

Cheltenham Town have received an approach for manager Michael Duff from Barnsley, Gloucestershire Live understands.

Former Robins star Martin Devaney has been in caretaker charge at Oakwell since the departure of Poya Asbaghi on April 24.

Barnsley were relegated from the Championship after finishing bottom and the South Yorkshire club will return to League One next season after three seasons in the second tier.

Duff has been in charge of Cheltenham since September 2018, leading them to the League Two title in 2020/21 and then guiding them to their highest ever finish of 15th in League One in 2021/22.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Cheltenham Town have received an approach for manager Michael Duff from Barnsley, Gloucestershire Live understands.

Former Robins star Martin Devaney has been in caretaker charge at Oakwell since the departure of Poya Asbaghi on April 24.

Barnsley were relegated from the Championship after finishing bottom and the South Yorkshire club will return to League One next season after three seasons in the second tier.

Duff has been in charge of Cheltenham since September 2018, leading them to the League Two title in 2020/21 and then guiding them to their highest ever finish of 15th in League One in 2021/22.

The news broke in the local Cheltenham press so you'd imagine it's true .

It clearly means there is a change of strategy in the technical area by the club .

I wouldn't be too disappointed if Duff decides to come here and I'll support the decision .

A move in right direction for me. Not a big name but a coach that is familiar with the league.

One small step for Oakwell mankind !

Progress.

Let's hope he brings Cheltenham striker Alfie May with him .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Let's hope he brings Cheltenham striker Alfie May with him .
    Copy that !

23 goals in 46 games last season League One.

Missed that one for some reason so probably the trauma impact of last season.

I don't know owt abaart the bloke, but I am glad to hear of the rumour at least.
    It shows we're looking in the right areas now, and that gets a thumbs up from me. 👍
    Instead of the recent suggestion of Vranken the krakken lol.

Hopefully an English manager and one who knows the league! It also shows we are willing to pay a bit of compensation!
    I see that Hibs are about to appoint their second ex Reds manager…….Lee Johnson!

About our budget and pulling power

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast