+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grimsby Fans in Home Ends

And trouble in the home stands especially the family stand will probably stop any "casual" fan ever coming back & leave them with a bad opinion of us, so it seems a reasonable move to me.

Seems a reasonable solution to me too. I'm sure the club is, as always, keen to get new fans and £revenue in. But this precaution will (hopefully) stop away fans sitting in the wrong areas and potential problems it will cause. Well done Notts!

We'd know if the Grimsby fans were in the home stands, they stink of fish!

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    We'd know if the Grimsby fans were in the home stands, they stink of fish!
    haha, nice one.

I'll bring some salt & vinegar then to enhance the olfactory experience!

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Unless anyone is already a registered supporter they will be unable to buy a ticket either online or over the phone.
    They have to go down to Meadow Lane beforehand with proof of address to buy a ticket.

OK this will stop Grimsby fans getting in but will also stop any Notts fan who is not registered or any casual fan who fancies going.
    This does nothing to build the fan base. In fact it will probably P155 them off.

I think I am going to downgrade my attendance prediction to 9500.
    Looks more than that gone already. Kop pretty much full, DP not many left. FS filling up

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySeaDog View Post
    haha, nice one.

I'll bring some salt & vinegar then to enhance the olfactory experience!
    Even if there is mixing of the fans I believe some form of mushy peace will prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Simple solution, anyone not with a child in the family stand is refused entry?
    I sit there to be able to use the sports bar at half time.

I heard the Grimsby allocation capped at 2,000 and no extra. Surely the Jimmy Sirrel holds a lot more than this? Some safety reason? Seems crazy that with a ground built for 20,000, the club is losing revenue and creating crowd safety issues??

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    I heard the Grimsby allocation capped at 2,000 and no extra. Surely the Jimmy Sirrel holds a lot more than this? Some safety reason? Seems crazy that with a ground built for 20,000, the club is losing revenue and creating crowd safety issues??
    We are not losing revenue though. The gate receipts are pooled after match day expenses are deducted and distributed amongst the play off teams. Those expenses would go up with a significantly higher following, particularly this mob.
    We get more money for being promoted and giving Grimsby the minimum required by the regulations increases that chance compared to them having a full Sirrel. It would take away a huge chunk of the advantage letting them have 4500 following them.
    I also hope Notts have that meshing along the front block to keep there fans tucked in to the top blocks of the Sirrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    We are not losing revenue though. The gate receipts are pooled after match day expenses are deducted and distributed amongst the play off teams. Those expenses would go up with a significantly higher following, particularly this mob.
    We get more money for being promoted and giving Grimsby the minimum required by the regulations increases that chance compared to them having a full Sirrel. It would take away a huge chunk of the advantage letting them have 4500 following them.
    I also hope Notts have that meshing along the front block to keep there fans tucked in to the top blocks of the Sirrel.
    100% agree, I said a week ago I really hope we only give them 2000. If they filled the Sirrel I would say they virtually have home advantage crowd wise as let’s face it they would just come down for the day, beered up and it would be deafening. I wasn’t sure if Notts would do it or not as they always try and do everything ethically correct but some times in football u have to be a bit cute with stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast