+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Mansfield v Northampton

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    The standard of football is poor quality though
    Not a great advert for the top teams of league 2
    There never is great quality in play off games…the key is getting to the play offs, then it doesn’t matter.

Can all 3 Notts teams get to play off finals….I fear not!

Mansfield were solid and certainly took no prisoners, but the ref's leniency helped them out. They did defend very well though, but that said, I also thought Northampton were very poor going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    That’s what I thought
    A player has to touch the ball to be deemed offside. That's why the goal stood

2 potential trips to Wembley, hope Notts can make it 3 for me

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Hope Notts are the only bleddy one to get through the playoffs, stuff the other two.

A player has to touch the ball to be deemed offside. That's why the goal stood
    I don't think that's the case, otherwise an off side player could stand in front of the goalie to distract or block him, without touching the ball.

As soon as he runs towards the ball from an offside position, he should be deemed active. One of those grey areas that must drive football managers crazy. Hope we benefit from a few over the next few matches.

That won’t happen sadly. Though a trip to the London Stadium would be welcomed.

Thought the ref was to lenient the holding that went off from set pieces was way over the top players getting wrestled to the floor and nothing said.
    Mansfield defended very well though and deserved their place in the final as regards Hewitt he played like that at Colchester that's why we signed him but Notts used to have the knack of knocking any semblance of being decent out of a player.

Quote Originally Posted by FRT 87 View Post
    There never is great quality in play off games…the key is getting to the play offs, then it doesn’t matter.

Can all 3 Notts teams get to play off finals….I fear not!
    I truly hope so but unfortunately for us, when the going gets tough, we sometimes fail to get going.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast