+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conor Hourihane

Conor Hourihane

Hearing rumours that we are interested in the ROI Villa midfielder who will become a fee agent now. Don't know much about him other than that he was loaned out to Sheffield this season but only got 15 starts. I know we are in dire need of a creative midfielder but surely we should aim for better?

Very decent player at this level and far better than what we have at present.

We have no one in that position so yes he would do for me! Critical we get a number 10 in before pre season.

You may both be right (hope you are!) but just got a bit concerned when I read that Bruce apparently rates him and given that he also rates Livermore/Reach .....

I’d take him.
    PS he always seemed to play well against us.!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    You may both be right (hope you are!) but just got a bit concerned when I read that Bruce apparently rates him and given that he also rates Livermore/Reach .....

I would take him and hope Livermore and Reach do one!!! They are both league 1 players!

A def yes from me!

Need to be sourcing a younger 'Hourihane' type, one who has longevity or a sell on value.

The same with Swift and Wallace whom we've also been linked with.

Two good players who are at or around their peak. If they were to sign they could do a job but their value would most likely only go down from thereon.

We have more than enough players on the books who are late twenties and moving into their thirties.

Quite like him .... decent quality player .... he is 31 though ... hardly investing in youth. Still would prefer over our central midfield donkeys ....

According to Masi we're not interested in him or Darlow. Bruce wants to reduce the average wage of the squad. If he can get some quick, battling & creative midfield players in their mid twenties that would be a forward step

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)