+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First signing

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Connor Wickham would be a good signing.
    Welcome back Kelvin Mellor! He should never have left when he did. He was treated badly in his final season. He had to cope with difficulties similar to another number 2 under Davis' regime.
    Please explain both those points, poor treatment and the other 2, to people (me) who are not so aware of such things.

The other number 2 was Tootle. He was regularly played out of position in his final year, WHEN he played.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    It would - and entirely explain why Ports was released. Mellor, not sure, he's not stuck even at League 2 level with any of his recent clubs.

I am hearing a 3rd signing imminent and possibly will be done this weekend

The other number 2 was Tootle. He was regularly played out of position in his final year, WHEN he played.
    Thanks.
    And the poor treatment?

Dunkley?

Regarding Tootle, I recall that comments by or about the player alluded to mental health issues that contributed to his departure from the Alex. I may be wrong but that was my impression at the time.
    Last edited by Furberstreet; 22-05-2022 at 09:17 AM. Reason: grammar

Connor Wickham would be a good signing.
    Welcome back Kelvin Mellor! He should never have left when he did. He was treated badly in his final season. He had to cope with difficulties similar to another number 2 under Davis' regime.
    Mellor was a good fullback who didn't get the respect he deserved and should have been a regular in the team in his final season here but, for some reason he was overlooked. If I remember correctly, he played in a couple og games but then got released and found another club straight away, always was a decent player, so yes he was badly treated. I think with Toots it was slightly different he was filling a void we had at the time and left back was a problem area we had for a few years, unfortunately for Toots he was the best right back we had, but he was the only player who could play at left back, although I know he wasn't happy. Left back remained a problem area until Pickering made it his own, even though he was playing out of position, a switch that did work for him and the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Dunkley?

Callum Cooke I am hearing we are about to sign

I thought Cooke played well when he was on loan to us. He would be a good signing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12