+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T floodlights…

O/T floodlights…

Not normally my go to place for tv is the beeb..but this was quite a good watch..it’s a Depiction of the Andy Woodward and Barry bennell Abuse years in football..on iplayer lasts about 80mins…

Clarkey saw it only knew about it the same day they were interviewing Jonas Armstrong on breakfast tv who played Bennell
    It was a hard watch at times echoes I of the Jimmy Saville situation in many ways worked for three decades before anyone took any notice of Andy Woodward what a brave man never realised he went on to be a copper or the suicide attempts that Bennell put him through

Andy also has a book out

Position of Trust

What's wrong with the Beeb ?
    Anyway, very well made programme.

I thought summat had gone off at Millmoor and they were coming down. Ironically, I was looking at them today as I drove near to Millmoor, they look enormous when you think of how stadiums use very low level lighting now.

At the time of their introduction, I believe they were the tallest in all of the leagues. Another first for Millmoor was we were the first English team to introduce the European rectangle nets to a game and other clubs soon followed suit instead of having the curved bars in the back of the net.

I wonder how much longer the floodlights can withstand the elements before they have to be forcibly removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I thought summat had gone off at Millmoor and they were coming down. Ironically, I was looking at them today as I drove near to Millmoor, they look enormous when you think of how stadiums use very low level lighting now.

At the time of their introduction, I believe they were the tallest in all of the leagues. Another first for Millmoor was we were the first English team to introduce the European rectangle nets to a game and other clubs soon followed suit instead of having the curved bars in the back of the net.

I wonder how much longer the floodlights can withstand the elements before they have to be forcibly removed?
    Obviously the cost of taking them down is greater than the scrap value.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Obviously the cost of taking them down is greater than the scrap value.
    Grist, oh I don’t know. A coupled of well angled cuts to make them fall inwards towards the pitch and they are down in one. Where’s Fred Dibner when you need him? Brilliant man with a great mind really miss his programmes.
    Last edited by Brin; 20-05-2022 at 10:55 PM.