+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VAR joke

Never mind, the bookies know the time of day and they haven't deserted us, Leeds are long odds-on to go down.

You can get 9/4 against us going down, might soften the blow should it all go Pete Tong on Sunday ?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    It is a either a joke BT or a deliberate ploy to affect results.The explanation by the commentator on my thread was that the VAR probably did not want to go that far back to the throw in.I have seen them go back a good 5 minutes in other instances so again inconsistence that fuels the discussion that is is a gimmick to affect results.That is now a possible 3 points robbed by VAR in our last 2 games alone which would constitutes us now being safe.It is a joke.
    Well it’s ended in a goal so technically they should look at it as they gained a large advantage - we switched off mind as well and paid the price.

VAR is a complete and utter waste of time as I’ve said many times before - FIFA - UEFA and the premier league have ruined football.

How is man of 14 stone meant to tackle win the ball but stop his forward momentum having done so , sadly they’re making a farce of the game and it’s only going one way from here.

Hope we get some quick players who know how to dive roll around and basically cheat for next year, honesty is not rewarded in the beautiful game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Well it’s ended in a goal so technically they should look at it as they gained a large advantage - we switched off mind as well and paid the price.

VAR is a complete and utter waste of time as I’ve said many times before - FIFA - UEFA and the premier league have ruined football.

How is man of 14 stone meant to tackle win the ball but stop his forward momentum having done so , sadly they’re making a farce of the game and it’s only going one way from here.

Hope we get some quick players who know how to dive roll around and basically cheat for next year, honesty is not rewarded in the beautiful game anymore.
    Cornet is obviously learning the dark arts, my wife thought he had been shot from the stand. PENALTY!

The biggest joke of all is that VAR was introduced to put an end to controversy over refereeing decisions. There is now more controversy than there ever was before. How funny is that.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The biggest joke of all is that VAR was introduced to put an end to controversy over refereeing decisions. There is now more controversy than there ever was before. How funny is that.
    I thought the concept of VAR was to correct "clear and obvious" refereeing errors.

Instead the eejits down at Stockley Park are trawling images to find anything to punish a team they don't care for.

We seem to be on the wrong end of far too many of these "controversial" decisions.

There is no consistency with VAR whatsoever and it is ruining the game, it has certainly robbed us of precious points, but if Weghorst could actually hit the target from a yard out quite frankly it wouldn’t have mattered, still not down bring on Sunday and survival.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)