+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VAR joke

VAR joke

How was the penalty not awarded tonight after the penalty awarded at Tottenham.Identical situations yet one is a penalty and one is not.The red card also ludicrous.This is no longer a conspiracy theory.Tonight was the proof-corners not given.The throw in that led to Villa`s goal was a foul throw-the list is endless.The powers that be want us out of the PL.
    That was an absolute disgrace tonight.

You have totally stolen my script CiB, we know no one likes us, but FFS that's blatant cheating! OUTRAGEOUS.

just a few of the reasons i'm done with it - CB....regardless, the game is sick....one more game to go, i'll see the season through, but sadly, I don't care what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    How was the penalty not awarded tonight after the penalty awarded at Tottenham.Identical situations yet one is a penalty and one is not.The red card also ludicrous.This is no longer a conspiracy theory.Tonight was the proof-corners not given.The throw in that led to Villa`s goal was a foul throw-the list is endless.The powers that be want us out of the PL.
    That was an absolute disgrace tonight.
    Your are right. I think this "game" is simply corrupted by money. We are not a big enough fish to be in the Premier league so they think. Tonight really surpassed the worst decision making I have witnessed. This VAR for us is the worst thing that has happened, I do wonder how many points it has cost us. The "Penalty" not given is a mind blower. 4 days ago and a big club involved it's given; tonight Nope no chance. Someone needs to ask what exactly are the rules actually because they appear to be being made up as they go along. The game has ceased to be a sport; it's sold it's soul and this is the end product. Gross unfairness. We maybe relegated due to the tight margins.
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 19-05-2022 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

just a few of the reasons i'm done with it - CB....regardless, the game is sick....one more game to go, i'll see the season through, but sadly, I don't care what happens.

Yes you do Norder.You are Burnley through and through like the rest of us...😉

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Yes you do Norder.You are Burnley through and through like the rest of us...��
    Burnley always...but not the game as is, it's a farce, a fake, with a hidden hand all over it...so how can I shout us on if am watching a lie, game after game...feeding it, and besides, make it square, and top to bottom...how would the table look ?....Completely different.

Thanks anyway Alf.

There was one side angle that implied it didn't actually touch his arm - which was very close - but it looped down past his outstretched arm and hit his waist. Maybe that influenced the VAR guys?
    Obviously from the front it looks like it hit him but the ref missed it so it was left to VAR who had the benefit of the side view.
    But SKY kept repeating the front view.

It was difficult to see if it touched his arm or not. But my Burnley eyes thought it saw the rotation of the ball changed slightly passing the arm before it hit his chest... so for me it could have been a penalty...

How was the "clear and obvious" infringement of the throw-in rules not applied?

The throwing player gained serious distance by way of encroaching on to the field of play.

The EPL is corrupt and the referees are compliant in that corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    How was the "clear and obvious" infringement of the throw-in rules not applied?

The throwing player gained serious distance by way of encroaching on to the field of play.

The EPL is corrupt and the referees are compliant in that corruption.
    It is a either a joke BT or a deliberate ploy to affect results.The explanation by the commentator on my thread was that the VAR probably did not want to go that far back to the throw in.I have seen them go back a good 5 minutes in other instances so again inconsistence that fuels the discussion that is is a gimmick to affect results.That is now a possible 3 points robbed by VAR in our last 2 games alone which would constitutes us now being safe.It is a joke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)