+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weghorst

Weghorst

How the feck did he miss that open goal from 3 yards out?

Fair play to him for hitting the target, but where the **** did Mings come from?

It was a fantastic goal line clearance, but Weghorst had to score from there.

If that had hit the onion bag Leeds would have had to win on Sunday to stay up, we would only have needed one more point to guarantee survival.

I'm truly amazed we have at least given ourselves a chance of staying up.

If that was Danny Ings at the other end BT he wouldn’t have panicked - stopped the ball and waited for mings to slide through first and then placed it in the net.

Composure - confidence

Weghorst lacking both at minute.

Gonna make a prediction though I think he’ll come good Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Gonna make a prediction though I think he’ll come good Sunday
    I have this horrible feeling army88 we will need Brentford to beat Leeds.

I honestly cannot see us beating Newcastle, "Ex-manager syndrome" and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I have this horrible feeling army88 we will need Brentford to beat Leeds.

I honestly cannot see us beating Newcastle, "Ex-manager syndrome" and all that.
    I can see Sunday being pretty hostile tbh BT it will be blood and thunder and a game that has everything, I also think it could get ugly outside and in the stands , ex manager coming back the messiah as they call him up there, a centre forward who jumped ship buggered off without a word and a full back who always said he wanted to come back to Burnley but didn’t.

I know this much electric ⚡️ it will be.

Wout is starting to ominously remind me of Lukas Jutkiewicz. He scored plenty of goals for Boro, Bolton, Motherwell, Coventry and Birmingham, but couldn't hit a barn door from three foot for us, he failed to put even one in the onion bag in 35 appearances.

I have been positive about Weghorst.

Our defensive unitput in some amazing blocks and all credit to Mings for his block.

However, I do think Weghorst should have put that one away. He lacked the composure to do so. That is not good enough at this level. I think Barnesor JayRod would have put it away.

There was one instance in the second half when a Villa player just drifted past him , and Weghorst didn’t make any effort to get close to him and he was only about 6 feet away.Having come on as a sub, he should have been running around busting a gut for the cause. As for his miss, Mings was superb stopping a certain goal.A fantastic block tackle.

I think Mings should undergo a medical examination, I suspect it would reveal a telescopic leg, there is no other explanation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)